Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2.3 in the MZ3 have Electronic Throttle Control? I test drove another one today (GS Sport) and definitely looked like an ETC controller at the throttle body.

Funny that Mazda doesn't advertise this feature. I have been very curious about this since the MZ3 was announced - whether or not they would carry over the ETC from the MZ6. I have yet to find even one mention of it in any literature or on-line.

Maybe no one cares, but with Nissan and Acura pushing the "drive-by-wire" in the Maxima, TSX, etc you might expect Mazda to give it mention in the "ecomony" Mazda3.

Brandon
Soon to be Mazda3 Sport GT owner

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes, the ETC is advertised in Canadian Mazda website. I haven't checked on my own, I hope an owner can confirm/unconfirm this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Not that it makes a huge difference in daily driving, but tech geeks love this kind of stuff.

ps: Great pics Slalom - nice to see a Ti Sport with tint. Looks as good as expected.

Brandon

·
Registered
481 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
Wow, those are amazing pics Slalom. What kind of camera were they taken with?
hey thanks! I can't take credit for the studio ones tho... they were done at my work... not sure what the camera is but its some crazy $15,000 thing! I can ask what the specs are on it of anyone is interested. btw those pics were 18mb big when shot, i shrank them down so they were easier to deal with!

·
Registered
481 Posts
MZ3_Toronto said:
Thanks guys. Not that it makes a huge difference in daily driving, but tech geeks love this kind of stuff.

ps: Great pics Slalom - nice to see a Ti Sport with tint. Looks as good as expected.

Brandon
thx Brandon! the tint does look great, im glad I got it done!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Slalom is your tint 35/20/20 ?? Mine Ti MZ-3 is getting done Friday and i like the amount yours is done?

Fuji :twisted:

·
Registered
481 Posts
MrFujimo said:
Slalom is your tint 35/20/20 ?? Mine Ti MZ-3 is getting done Friday and i like the amount yours is done?

Fuji :twisted:
to tell you the truth I forgot what my salesman said it is... i think its the same all the way around tho, doesnt get darker on the back windows...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts