Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pp

I have a 2004 Mazda 3 GT I have electric hydraulic power assist I want to put electric power assist off of a focus or a fusion is that possible because it's going to be a newer model car obviously. if it can be done what all does it entail... And we'll have to be programmed to the car

·
Super Moderator
1,348 Posts
I'm trying to figure out why you'd want to; the hybrid electric/hydraulic power assist to the Gen 1 Mazda3 models is among the best feeling steering of any car I've ever driven (and I've been driving for 50 years). As a general rule, all electric power assist for steering is associated with a distinct loss of steering feedback; if anything, I wish I could revert the all electric power assist of our 2016 back to the hybrid electric/hydraulic assist of our 2009.

While no "reprogramming" would be necessary, converting to an electric power assist from another car will be a relatively huge undertaking and decidedly not worth the effort or cost.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow, I really want you to do this. In fact I can't wait for the regular updates on how it is going. And oh yeah, when will it be done? Never!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to figure out why you'd want to; the hybrid electric/hydraulic power assist to the Gen 1 Mazda3 models is among the best feeling steering of any car I've ever driven (and I've been driving for 50 years). As a general rule, all electric power assist for steering is associated with a distinct loss of steering feedback; if anything, I wish I could revert the all electric power assist of our 2016 back to the hybrid electric/hydraulic assist of our 2009.

While no "reprogramming" would be necessary, converting to an electric power assist from another car will be a relatively huge undertaking and decidedly not worth the effort or coWell

While no "reprogramming" would be necessary, converting to an electric power assist from another car will be a relatively huge undertaking and decidedly not worth the effort or cost.
So yes I've had 2009 , 2004 (Current) and I wouldn't trade it for nothing but the hydraulic assist on my 2004 went out on my 2004 and twice I this car not brand new pumps mind you but totally different pumps module and all I just think that's the way to go next. I mean before too long everybody's going to have that anyways. that's my opinion. I thank you for your comment and your opinion it doesn't matter thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I really want you to do this. In fact I can't wait for the regular updates on how it is going. And oh yeah, when will it be done? Never!
Well that's just crazy because I'm about to start on it I already have looked at everything and it's it's simple costly maybe in the long run but my car sitting in the garage right now I'd like to drive it instead of it's sitting up on jack stands for a while you know it's not doing me good like that so I will let you know definitely keep you posted yes and when it's done,

·
Registered
1 Posts
While no "reconstructing" would be important, changing over to an electric power help from another vehicle will be a somewhat colossal endeavor and unequivocally not worth the work or cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts