Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just got off the phone with the Eibach engineer at their California facility and he said springs for the Mazda3 should be out in the next 6-10 weeks or so. They have springs for the European models of the Mazda3, so it is just a matter of having some Euro springs shipped to CA and test fitting them on a Mazda3 here. If everything checks out, then we will be able to offer them to you.

As soon as we know when we will have the springs in stock, we will let the board know. Expect to see the springs and other suspension components listed in our store as soon as anything is released.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I smell group buy...

What about struts/shocks?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is great to hear, the sooner the better. Definately holding out for Eibach's.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Hopefully they'll put out a prokit and call it good...get it all with one shot.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
What will the lower the car to, though? I want to get some Eibach's, but I also use my mz3 for lugging DJ equipment around - so I toss about 300-500+ lbs in the back of my car from time to time.

Do you think I can pull it off with no major damage?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Nah, you wont have any problems.

Not only does it lower the car, the springs are almost always 30-60% stiffer.

Eibach is usually a 1~1.25" drop.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I paid $230 for a set for my Mazda6 S, and $195 for a set for my VW Passat. I would think the ones for the 3 would be in between somewhere.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
vaBooM said:
Hope not... Basically, I've never put springs on for that reason - but I never thought about the fact that they would be stiffer.

I'll keep an eye out and give it a shot..

Funny - this is the first car that I've actually wanted to put the extra money into.

Also the most expensive one so far - not by much, but still the highest.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
vaBooM said:
Funny - this is the first car that I've actually wanted to put the extra money into.
A good car does that. I doubt you would want to mod a 92 taurus.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
A good car does that. I doubt you would want to mod a 92 taurus.
Why not? I had a friend that jacked the daylights out of an '88 Ford Festiva. It was scary.... He worked at Radio Shack. The only guy I know to get cited for driving with a yellow beacon on his car.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
There is a guy around here that has a 95 geo metro thats all tricked out. He claims he beats Civics and such. He works for Pep Boys (i think) and has all the APC crap and a F&F nitrous kit.

I asked him to race for money... and he declined lol.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I cant wait until a set comes out :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
vaBooM said:
There is a guy around here that has a 95 geo metro thats all tricked out. He claims he beats Civics and such. He works for Pep Boys (i think) and has all the APC crap and a F&F nitrous kit.

I asked him to race for money... and he declined lol.

cant be the same geo metro that lives in my area that tries to race everyone at every stoplight... :shock: ...oh btw haha he also claims his car is fixed up hahha...and he has a MASSIVE wing on his too....which is ridiculous..

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Skinny lil white guy that always wears white wire-beaters?

He had a massive wing.. but I think it got ripped of or something lol. Only thing I can give him props on is the stereo system. I gave him some ideas and various links on how to make fiberglass parts.

Sure enough he busted most of them out pretty good.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hahhaa naaa this is a skinny mexican guy that wears wife beaters and hats...hahaha and there is uusally like 29u754927429374 of them in the metro LOL..

·
Registered
11 Posts
We will buy enough of the springs from Eibach to keep the prices low to the end buyer. We will do a group buy on these springs guaranteed. As soon as I hear from Eibach that I can order them, I will post the Group Buy info on this site. I am aiming to keep the price under $200 so we shall see...

As far as other Eibach parts, I would expect Eibach to make them eventually, but dont expect anything to be released before Summer. I imagine they will have dampers and different sized anti-roll bars.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
H&R has a spring for the 3 already. According to Tire Rack, they adjusted a set for the Protege and found they were very similiar.

I believe they made the 3's set a little stiffer than the Protege. I have yet to talk to H&R personally.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts