Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so like that subject says...any body out there running this sway bar kit from eibach???

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought the kit a while back...I only installed the rear bar so far...Kinda gave me a fight to install, But thats just becuase I didn't use FORCE...(those bushings can be tricky)
If you buy the kit....lube the bushings up really good and stick a flat head between the bushing and the stock bar and just pry those suckers off!!!
But I have had it on for a few months....
I have stock suspension (springs/shocks/struts)
""Mazdaspeed springs/shocks/stuts are going on once the tax return comes in.""
But I never thought just a sway bar can make such a difference...I noticed the change in handling right away....more flat around the turns, more response when it comes to turning and if I had badly worn tires on the rear, it feels like I would be tail sliding every now and then, But the toyo's keep me planted pretty good.
as for the front sway bar.....not sure if I'm ready to tackle that beast in 20 degree weather....so I think I'll wait.
I had a clunk noise comming from the back, so I had to get under the car and retighten the bar....but no big deal..it''s been a month or so and so far...no more noises... I think at least once a year...I might have to crawl under there and tighten it up...but I do that once a year anyway..
But yeah, feels better planted around turns.....better response when it comes to steering...MAYBE a little more rough for backseat drivers...but well worth the improved handling!!!
and once the bushing came off the stock bar.....easy install!!
I'm just curious how it's going to feel once the mazdaspeed setup goes on...
But I have to say.....a sway bar.....Good investment!
Just my 2 cents....Good investment!

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have them on my car, installed them at the beginning of july and have been satisfied with them since. the front was a bear to install, i would take it in if you have never done it before

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I had the rear on my car for about 3000 miles, and it was a very controllable and fun ride. It was very easy to swing the rear around in a controlled fashion. I'm now using H&R (to match H&R springs/coilovers). I would recommend the Eibachs to anyone. I will probably selling my set on the forums later this day. (200 shipped, 3000 miles rear, front never installed).

·
Registered
372 Posts
Any one eles have the "Clunk" with the eibach rear sway bar...just curious I hear alot about the other rear sway bars.....But not to much about the eibach

·
Registered
180 Posts
the clunk is from your bolts not being tighten all the way, i had it on the front and the back have a clunk, and after tightening those bolts, i have never heard it again.... it has been almost a year since i have done that.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I plan on running both the front and back sometime in the near future. :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
As posted in the Progress thread, hit those end link suckers with an air impact wrench and they won't clunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts