Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I don't know.

Awhile back, someone invented a carbeurator that could have a car get 100 mpg. He tried to patent it and the government came in and stopped it. It would disrupt the economy, so the government is taking small steps toward great gas mileage. So if it is true, government sucks ass, and if it isn't shame on the person who lied about it.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
RymanH24, be pretty sure the person lied about it. As for the EEstor, I heard about them sometime ago. No clue if it is legitimate or not. It could be, but that is a serious leap in capacitor technology. Why the hell the morons call it anything like a battery I can't figure out. Batteries cause an electrical potential difference through a chemical reaction. Capacitors store an electric charge (no chemical process involved).

I have extreme skepticism. If the company had even a fifth of the ability in these new fangled capcitors that they claim then they would be marketing them whole hog already. Automotive concerns aside there is a huge market for capacitors in the world, especially high energy capacitors and they would make BILLIONS very easily if the leap in capacitor technology is anything like they say they have.
-Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts