Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I have been putting in selected EDM parts as I get my hands on them. The first one was this:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=134038.0

After a huge shipping mix-up, courtesy of DHL, my second installment finally arrived:

The reason why these things are worth their weight in gold to me is a few. The first is that I have had aero blades on my last couple of German cars and I was amazed by how low they sit out of your field of vision, how well they hug to the windscreen and how well they clear rain and snow.

For whatever inane reason, Mazda USA didn't spec these out for our USDM cars... WEENIES!! Do they seriously not think we get bad weather here? No heated mirrors, wipers that came out of the 80s... Grrr....

It's kind of hard to see in the pics, but the passenger arm doesn't have the strange bend in it like the normal ones. So, I will post up some pics once I get them installed and kitted out with some new blades, with help from this topic:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=129190.0;all

And if you scroll down, you will see a pic of the EU wiper setup on the Red MZ3 from Finland.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I love the EDM items on your car, look forward to seeing these. Will there be an issue with LHD vs. RHD since you got these from the UK or are they symmetrical?

Edit: sorry, should have read the other thread that says they're LHD :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Werty link=topic=135426.msg2915008#msg2915008 date=1233865604]
I love the EDM items on your car, look forward to seeing these. Will there be an issue with LHD vs. RHD since you got these from the UK or are they symmetrical?

Edit: sorry, should have read the other thread that says they're LHD :)
[/quote]

NEIN!!! Keine UK. Ich brauche von Deutschland! Or something like that... =) Again, called in another favor with a friend to have these shipped over from Germany because no one wants to send them stateside. But I must admit I am hesitant for calling in my next favor because I was told that I would have to take her on the Great American Road Trip! :lol:

But yeah, you never wanna fit RHD parts on a LHD car, be it wipers or headlights. Only symmetrical parts from the UK/Japan/Oz/WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD can be used on ours! =)

The arms are in better shape than the pic shows. I will get them cleaned up and oiled before the go on.

And I will share the love when it comes time for me to sell the car =) I intend on stripping all off and selling it only to the enthusiasts here but that won't be for a couple of years.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well I'm British myself, and I like seeing the differences between markets. Is the handbrake anything like the fascia in that it shows dust and fingerprints very easily?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Werty link=topic=135426.msg2915138#msg2915138 date=1233868129]
Well I'm British myself, and I like seeing the differences between markets. Is the handbrake anything like the fascia in that it shows dust and fingerprints very easily?
[/quote]

No kidding? =) Way cool! Oxon and Berks for me! Reading was my home town! Anyhow, to answer the question - the handbrake keeps itself much cleaner than the trim, unless you've adopted the habit of eating a Big Mac in your car =P

·
Registered
166 Posts
Kent and Oxford (uni) here. Essen in das Auto ist verboten! I ask since I still drive the British method = handbrake on at every stop :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=halo0 link=topic=135426.msg2958756#msg2958756 date=1235513169]
:ttiwwp:

:)
[/quote]

Settle down. I haven't had the time or chance to put them on yet... I only just found replacement blades for them here in the US.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=halo0 link=topic=135426.msg2958756#msg2958756 date=1235513169]
:ttiwwp:

:)
[/quote]

And just like you, I have a ton of mods piling up from over the winter that I have not been able to get to yet, thanks to the weather here... *sigh* I think I am gonna create my own build up post...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts