Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to get my hands on the Piano Black EU handbrake accessory from Mazda back in November because I just couldn't stand how nasty and cheap the handbrake lever looked in my car.

Here's some pics after installation and all I can say is wow! It looks so nice, looks completely factory and not at all after market. It is a quality item as the actual brake part is made of aluminum and the Piano black finish matches the 08.5+ interior perfectly. Then if you look closely, the leather is actually attached to the handle and again looks factory and not like those leather handbrake covers that slide over the cheap, nasty handle.

The install took all of five minutes - just had to pull off the plastic part of the handle, slide the aluminum handle over it, tighten three bolts with an allen key and pull the leather over the plastic lever cover.

I highly recommend this for anyone with the 08.5+ interior. You can get a silver version for those who do not. However, they are not that easy to come by.

The thing I just cannot get my head around is why the fook Mazda USA didn't offer it here? And for those of you who have manual gearboxes, they make a matching knob and gaiter surround trim piece.

The only con I have found is that handle gets a wee bit cold to the touch on a typical midwest winter's day! =)

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
Can I ask how/where you got your hands on that piece? how much did it set you back? I have an 08.5 with a twm gunmetal knob, and this would be absolutely perfect to complete the look.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found it on fleaBay UK for £30 shipped, Problem was he would only ship to a UK addy, so I called in a favor with a friend and had it sent there. I did find an online retailer/dealer of Mazda stuff in the UK but they wanted way too much money for it and I think they were trying to pull a fast one because they claimed it would cost over £55 to ship it even thought the part only cost £45. I know the shipping rates from the UK and that is total BS. If you are okay with paying $150 in the end, I can tell you the name of the dealer.

My suggestion is go over to our sister site - mazda3forums.co.uk and put a post out to see if someone will help you. If you do, you might want to offer to help them get their hands on any US stuff in return.

·
Moderator of donks
32,022 Posts
[quote author=addison1062 link=topic=134038.msg2883119#msg2883119 date=1232653572]
I found it on fleaBay UK for £30 shipped, Problem was he would only ship to a UK addy, so I called in a favor with a friend and had it sent there. I did find an online retailer/dealer of Mazda stuff in the UK but they wanted way too much money for it and I think they were trying to pull a fast one because they claimed it would cost over £55 to ship it even thought the part only cost £45. I know the shipping rates from the UK and that is total BS. If you are okay with paying $150 in the end, I can tell you the name of the dealer.

My suggestion is go over to our sister site - mazda3forums.co.uk and put a post out to see if someone will help you. If you do, you might want to offer to help them get their hands on any US stuff in return.

[/quote]

Can you point me to the seller, or search keywords you used to find it? I've tried everything I can think of on ebay uk and no luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.