Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it any good... is it worth it? I don't want to buy something and regret it so any feedback will be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Save yourself the money and go to your local car audio place and get some connectors with some 8 awg wire and do it yourself. Or go to eBay and get a Buddy Club Condenser for about $135 shipped. I love mine.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
i have one of the ebay ground kits (it's just a generic ground kit) i haven't installed. I just got it to try and match the BCC's 3 wires' colors and to ground other parts. When I got it, it looked like something I could've bought from a flea market- and quite heavy too.

There was a group buy for the Buddy Club for cheap: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=69346.0

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question, are the Ebay grounding kits at least functional? Or no one has tried to use one yet?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
it should. they're just wires... no moving parts to worry about.

i used 2 wires in conjunction with my bcc. as for installing the entire kit by itself, no.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the biggest concern you'll have is matching the lengths of wire to whatever you want to ground; just 'cause the auction says its for a car doesn't mean anything in my book. That's half the reason most people cut their own. That being said I bought one for my previous car but never got around to installing it. I plan on putting it on once the whether is nicer. I haven't even checked cable lenghts. I also got a voltage stabilizer with the auctions. Its definitely not as fancy as these BCCs, but I imagine its just a basic voltage regulating circuit to prevent spikes and probably has some capacitive/rectifier properties to help with drops. Atleast it doesn't have any LEDs. I've actually had it on my old car for about 4 months and no gain or harm, but its not the best electrical system either.

long story short if you don't feel like making your own then $40 for some precut wires, a battery post and hopefully a voltage stabilizer isn't the worst use of money. Especially if you go ahead and ground the TB, alternator, fuel rail, block and headlights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts