Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup I ate shit monday, broke my collar bone. Thought I could pull off a backflip, guess not. Not exactly the same as back handplanting on the half pipe. Driving is a real bitch, hurts too much. Sucks most is I have two season passes and im out for at least 9 weeks. Season is basically over. Also one hand typing is lame and takes forever. Poke fun, give pointers on how a back flip should go, mechanically speaking... go off heel edge, arch more etc, or just talk shit lol :p

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/nderr27/?action=view&current=MOV01151.flv

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Damn.

Dude, you know your supposed to land on your board right? Or did they skip that in Snow boarding 101 for you?

I'm just kidding. That looks painful as hell. Worst I have ever managed was a couple of bad bruises skiing. Then again I have never tried a flip on skis before (most has been a 360 with a grab off a jump).
-Matt

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yea I probably should have some more time in before tryin it but pulling similar shit on a quarter pipe made me feel good bout it. Now im not feelin too hot about the whole thing lol

Hurts 10x more now then it did right after. I got up grabbed my goggles and went to hit a box and i was like oh shit I cant lift my arm. Felt my shoulder and soon as my hand felt the bone pushing up my skin like 3\4" I went into shock I guess. No pain. Then I was goin to walk down to my car to leave and i slipped fell and tried to get back up, and couldnt, that was it i just layed there til ski patrol took me down.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
Bummer! Hope you heal up soon...

a friend just tore up his ankle in whiteout conditions (tahoe). His doctor told him he'd probably have problems with it forever, even if surgery goes perfect. :?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=71450.msg1256839#msg1256839 date=1173386329]
Bummer! Hope you heal up soon...

a friend just tore up his ankle in whiteout conditions (tahoe). His doctor told him he'd probably have problems with it forever, even if surgery goes perfect. :?
[/quote]

Thank god this will fully heal. Only a funky bump will remind me of it. Was your friend boarding or Skiing?

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
boarding

most good ski boots protect the ankles at the expense of your knees.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=71450.msg1256847#msg1256847 date=1173386501]
boarding

most good ski boots protect the ankles at the expense of your knees.
[/quote]

Ya, usually lower body damage = skiers. upper = boarders.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i destroyed my left bicept attempting a back flip in grade 10. They put in two 10" long metal rods so that it would heal right. They put them in parallel but when they went to take them out.. they were in an X. Needless to say my left arm has been fucked up ever since. And when I got into a fairly sever car accident 5 years later (a couple year ago) it basically completely screwed up my arm. I had to change how I slept (used to sleep on my side) and it still aches a lot and im sure it will never go away. I hope your collar bone heals a lot better than my arm did.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
eh...at least you looked cool doing it.

although I have to admit that I was a bit dissapointed that your crash wasn't more spectacular. I mean, if you're going to hurt yourself on video then at least have the common courtesy to wipe out an entire family or something for our entertainment.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
[quote author=WetsuitxNinja link=topic=71450.msg1256782#msg1256782 date=1173384226]
Yup I ate shit monday, broke my collar bone. Thought I could pull off a backflip, guess not. Not exactly the same as back handplanting on the half pipe. Driving is a real bitch, hurts too much. Sucks most is I have two season passes and im out for at least 9 weeks. Season is basically over. Also one hand typing is lame and takes forever. Poke fun, give pointers on how a back flip should go, mechanically speaking... go off heel edge, arch more etc, or just talk shit lol :p

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/nderr27/?action=view&current=MOV01151.flv

[/quote]nice pic....lol

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
nice fall man, i have had a couple of bad ones too. its always nice when you get a big reaction from the people on the chairlifts :lol:

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
The fall looks so harmless. How long will your arm be in a sling?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[quote author=maudi3 link=topic=71450.msg1259220#msg1259220 date=1173490569]
The fall looks so harmless. How long will your arm be in a sling?

[/quote]

looking at 3 weeks perspectivly. all depends how it feels when it comes down to it. fully healed in 9 weeks. I know thats the crazy part, ive had so much scarier falls. I guess it was how I landed mostly on my shoulder, which just put too much pressure on the bone and pow. Shit felt real nasty, the grinding of bones and burning feeling of what im assumung are muscles that ripped or over extended. I cant wait to get up and go again though. 4 days off work, :x. Least Im goin in tomorrow to see how it works out for a few hours

[quote author=bwzoom link=topic=71450.msg1259059#msg1259059 date=1173484703]
nice fall man, i have had a couple of bad ones too. its always nice when you get a big reaction from the people on the chairlifts :lol:
[/quote]

I usually like hearing the wow after doing something cool. lol dunno though, at least if im going to get broke off I want ppl to see it happen...

[quote author=danaceau link=topic=71450.msg1259051#msg1259051 date=1173484405]
Gasp!! Bayy - bee!!!!
[/quote]

lol yea thats my gf... she gets mad when I say it to her now. Few times before this she wrecked good off the jump after this one throwing a 3, caught her heel edge on landing and took off a few layers of skin on her whole lower back. I believe it was her witchcraft that made me fall. I directly blame her :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts