Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I work for a broker and it was tough but I FOUND THIS INFO!

If your car departed from Hiroshima, Japan around the first week of DECEMBER:

YOUR CAR IS ON THE "MOL BRAVERY ACE", it's been in MEXICO, and PANAMA
It will arrive JACKSONVILLE TOMORROW, and will then head to NEW YORK arriving the morning of SATURDAY 01/06

There are 1,293 brand-new Mazdas inside of that vessel. Nothing but Mazdas. Is your MS3 in there? 8)

The wait is ALMOST OVER!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
i wish my dealer had a clue about my car :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=65912.msg1129940#msg1129940 date=1167784836]
[/quote]

You aren't alone. My wife and I are so sick of waiting for this car , it seems like it is never going to arrive. We put our deposit down 9/9/06 and here we are almost 4 months later and no car yet! :( Our dealer has totally left us in the dark, no information unless we call them, and then what they tell us is unreliable. I am beginning to think they are just telling us something to get us to go away. The car has reportedly been in port since 12/3, then sat until 12/19 when scuff plates were supposedly installed. We were told it would be here last week, guess what..... no car. :surrender:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=Dukey link=topic=65912.msg1130027#msg1130027 date=1167787895]
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=65912.msg1129940#msg1129940 date=1167784836]
[/quote]

You aren't alone. My wife and I are so sick of waiting for this car , it seems like it is never going to arrive. We put our deposit down 9/9/06 and here we are almost 4 months later and no car yet! :( Our dealer has totally left us in the dark, no information unless we call them, and then what they tell us is unreliable. I am beginning to think they are just telling us something to get us to go away. The car has reportedly been in port since 12/3, then sat until 12/19 when scuff plates were supposedly installed. We were told it would be here last week, guess what..... no car. :surrender:
[/quote]

at least you know something...2 months after my deposit was put down..i still have no info, not even a 'build date' or whatever other people seem to have gotten...

I wish mazda took more responsibility for their dealers :(

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know any reference number? VIN#? Dealership order#? Anything?

If you do, go to the mazdausa.com website and try to chat online with a Mazda Rep; they are very helpful.
If not, try the chat anyways and tell them that you are looking for incoming stock for XYZ dealership.

They should be able to help you...

Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
[Foaming at the mouth]

Hey leofaye, is it here yet? Is it here? I am drooling.

Last week the dealer said the boat was arriving on the 4th in Jersey and the car will be in Northern Virginia on the 11th.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=Speed3Hokie link=topic=65912.msg1130823#msg1130823 date=1167838764]
[Foaming at the mouth]

Hey leofaye, is it here yet? Is it here? I am drooling.

Last week the dealer said the boat was arriving on the 4th in Jersey and the car will be in Northern Virginia on the 11th.

[/quote]

Well and I thought you'd never ask!
The MOL BRAVERY ACE made it into Jacksonville 7:30 this AM. She's working and unloading brand new Mazdas as we speak. 128 to be exact.
She will sail out tonight at around 6:30PM; on schedule, arriving New York Harbor this Saturday 6AM. 325 Mazdas will be unloading in New York and then off it will go to Boston and unload the what's left... 39. Then back to Japan.
It's tough to be a sailor. :bananahump: IT'S SO FREAKING COOL TO BE A PORT OPERATOR!!! :irock:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
How did you find this info as a broker? Port operator? Just wondering, it's pretty neat. How often does Mazda have their shipment come to ports in the US?

Oh ya, here is the ship courtesy of google...

I just wish mine was being unloaded too. :(

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=chaosazy link=topic=65912.msg1131130#msg1131130 date=1167851974]
How did you find this info as a broker? Port operator? Just wondering, it's pretty neat. How often does Mazda have their shipment come to ports in the US?

Oh ya, here is the ship courtesy of google...

I just wish mine was being unloaded too. :(
[/quote]

I work for a broker, so yes, I'm in constant touch with agents throughout the states.
You gotta know the process:

Find japanese carriers > Find Japan-East coast routes > Find schedules > Find vessels matching the calling ports from the port websites directly (e.g Honolulu, Panama, San Juan, Jacksonville, NY all in a row) > Find the phone number for the local offices >> THEN AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: A LITTLE BIT OF LYING AND KNOWING THE JARGON will GET YOUR WHAT YOU WANT!!! :lol: ... or you will be "disconnected" :(
Nothing Google cannot help you with, HONEST TO GOD. That's how I did it.

How often? Not sure. Probably 2-3 boats a month on the West and 2 boats on the East.

:D I was even able to get the phone number for the Mazda guy down at Port Jersey (http://www.neautoterminal.com/). I could call him, lie a bit more and get him to expedite a car. WTF for anyway; mazdachat can do that for me!

An even bigger picture... http://www.imageline.co.uk/files/BraveryAce_691.jpg

·
Registered
569 Posts
hey Leo, did u get my last PM? I ordered one through steve t...i've changed my mind on the color a few times, was black...now silver. LOL.

I want to see your CB when ya get it and possibly go for a ride in it! Preeetty pulease.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote author=wino_ii link=topic=65912.msg1131163#msg1131163 date=1167853520]
hey Leo, did u get my last PM? I ordered one through steve t...i've changed my mind on the color a few times, was black...now silver. LOL.

I want to see your CB when ya get it and possibly go for a ride in it! Preeetty pulease.
[/quote]

Yeah yeah! I got it... It's ALMOST HERE! CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER! I'm PMing you something now about NUCAR that you should know...
I know... the color options suck, I mean, what sucks is one can't make up the mind! Mine started red, changed to black, then changed to Cosmic Blue...

Don't worry, I'll let you know when I get it so you can see it, and I'll let you go for a ride.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
[quote author=leofaye link=topic=65912.msg1131150#msg1131150 date=1167852723]
Find japanese carriers > Find Japan-East coast routes > Find schedules > Find vessels matching the calling ports from the port websites directly (e.g Honolulu, Panama, San Juan, Jacksonville, NY all in a row) > Find the phone number for the local offices >> THEN AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: A LITTLE BIT OF LYING AND KNOWING THE JARGON will GET YOUR WHAT YOU WANT!!! :lol: ... or you will be "disconnected" :(
Nothing Google cannot help you with, HONEST TO GOD. That's how I did it.
[/quote]

Pretty sweet. You definitely went the extra mile to track it down. You should have the car pretty soon then.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Did you guys opt for any optional stuff? I think I read that options are done at the port, not in Japan. So, w/o options, you might get it quicker? Some people claim that it took like a month to deliver from port to dealer...I am sure it depends on final location too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was told the same by the dealer. Any options will be installed at the port. I was also told the boat arrives sometime around Jan 4th and gets to Northern Virginia Jan 11th. Of course leofaye's postings have been much more informative than a dealer over the phone.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=chaosazy link=topic=65912.msg1131479#msg1131479 date=1167861169]
Did you guys opt for any optional stuff? I think I read that options are done at the port, not in Japan. So, w/o options, you might get it quicker? Some people claim that it took like a month to deliver from port to dealer...I am sure it depends on final location too.
[/quote]

I got it with all the options! The NAV is installed in Japan, but everything else is done at the port.
Yeah, no options should definitely expedite the time from port to dealer.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote author=Speed3Hokie link=topic=65912.msg1132151#msg1132151 date=1167881460]
I was told the same by the dealer. Any options will be installed at the port. I was also told the boat arrives sometime around Jan 4th and gets to Northern Virginia Jan 11th. Of course leofaye's postings have been much more informative than a dealer over the phone.
[/quote]

Unfortunately once it arrives at the port this Saturday there's nothing else I can do. WAIT, yeah... of course there is! :D
http://host154.alliedholdings.com/AAGTT/jsp/index.jsp
Anybody knows ALLIED AUTOMOTIVE GROUP? If you happened to drive by a dealer when they were unloading Mazdas you will see they do the trucking on the EAST coast. YES, YOU CAN TRACK IT BY VIN#!
BUT I suggest you don't create a free account with them until Saturday; mine got deactivated for not using it and I have to re-register.

Happy Tracking!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They haven't given you the VIN# by now?
Oh boy...

Yeah, the dealership would be your only help on this one.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts