Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright,

Heads up everybody.
If you're expecting a Mazdaspeed3 in late Jan. or February...

It's probably on the vessel FAVORITE ACE due into Jacksonville tomorrow 01/20

She will arrive New York Harbor late on Monday the 22nd but the port operators confirmed that they won't race your cars off her until Tuesday morning :lol:
The vessel has a crew of 11 and 1,948 Mazdas on board.
She left Japan on Friday Dec. 22 after delivering some MS3 in to our Aussie friends on 12/12

'NOUGH SAID! 8)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I guess you're the official port operator for the forums. :lol:

Keep us posted, mine has a build date for Jan, so I am hoping it gets on the ship before the end of the month. One month on the water and then... :irock:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=Saitech link=topic=67362.msg1158251#msg1158251 date=1169240218]
I guess you're the official port operator for the forums. :lol:

Keep us posted, mine has a build date for Jan, so I am hoping it gets on the ship before the end of the month. One month on the water and then... :irock:
[/quote]

Yay! I got a title :yay:

35 days on the water + wait time at the port [it could run from days to WEEKS].. Ask speed3hookie about it. It arrived 1/6 and his dealership is yet to see his car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks Leofaye.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow in Eastern PA - Finally!!!!! I believe it was on the Bravery Ace, and the car was orginally scheduled to arrive at the dealer 1/15, then 1/17, then the first week of February, then I bitched, now 1/20. Not too bad, they say it reached port on 1/10, but I think we know from your previous post that the BA was actually in Jersey on 1/6. Maybe it took that long to unload?

I can't wait to drive it. :D :p :lol: :klavergreg:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=3rdgearisheaven link=topic=67362.msg1158354#msg1158354 date=1169243245]
Thanks Leofaye.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow in Eastern PA - Finally!!!!! I believe it was on the Bravery Ace, and the car was orginally scheduled to arrive at the dealer 1/15, then 1/17, then the first week of February, then I bitched, now 1/20. Not too bad, they say it reached port on 1/10, but I think we know from your previous post that the BA was actually in Jersey on 1/6. Maybe it took that long to unload?

I can't wait to drive it. :D :p :lol: :klavergreg:
[/quote]

CONGRATS! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DEAL! FIRST THING TO DO: TAKE A HIGHWAY RAMP AT A MODERATE SPEED AND WATCH THE CAR STICK TO THE GROUND
What kind of accessories did you have installed?
They *may* consider the date of arrival the date the vehicle processing is done (install all accesories, etc).

FYI The usual turn around for a PCC (pure car carrier) vessel is 12 hours in each port. The cars are unloaded on the same day; they stevedor company works THAT fast. It's the DAMN car processors AT PORT that take forever to get their s*** done. They issue work orders in the order that the car gets unloaded; so if YOUR is the last... I hope you are not on a rental :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
No accessories on my GT, but I understand they had to put the sill plates in at the dock?

Not on a rental, trading in my 1993 SAAB 9000 CSE beater. In a bit of terrible timing, however, my Girl's car took a hit and run while parked last night. Sucks, I've got to take her down to the adjuster before I pick mine up. And then go to work, on a Saturday.

Oh well, at least I'm getting my MS3. This is my first new car, and I'm 30, so I'm pretty excited.

Hey Leofaye, do you work down on the B'more docks with all the characters depicted in Season 2 of the Wire?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hello Leofaye..

Do you have connections in Canada, so I can keep track of the March/April shipment comming our way? :D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=brecker link=topic=67362.msg1158825#msg1158825 date=1169254606]
Hello Leofaye..

Do you have connections in Canada, so I can keep track of the March/April shipment comming our way? :D
[/quote]

LOL! :D I don't have "connections" per se... but I may be able to do something.
I'll assume you live Whitby... give me a week and I'll see what I find out 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the news! My Silver GT is on that boat....I think. The dealer initially told me it would arrive at dealership at the end of January, but I recently spoke to him and he indicated the most recent arrival was updated to be late February. Can that be right? Seems like it may come sooner.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My car was on the water on 1/9, not sure if it was on the Favorite Ace. Got an e-mail from dealer today that the car was delivered to the Texas port last week, and will be ready any day. Not real sure where they drop the cars off for Texas shipments, but I was not expecting to be in this soon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's here! It just got to the dealer a half hour ago! Now comes the hard part, do I go pick it up today or wait until Thursday? It's 2 1/2 hours away plus I have school tonight....decisions decisions.... Called up gieco and the insurance is ready to roll. Ya!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=Mostly Harmless link=topic=67362.msg1164381#msg1164381 date=1169569948]
It's here! It just got to the dealer a half hour ago! Now comes the hard part, do I go pick it up today or wait until Thursday? It's 2 1/2 hours away plus I have school tonight....decisions decisions.... Called up gieco and the insurance is ready to roll. Ya!
[/quote]
if you have a friend who can go with you - its this early in the semester :) skip ;)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[quote author=bolack link=topic=67362.msg1164270#msg1164270 date=1169566675]
My car was on the water on 1/9, not sure if it was on the Favorite Ace. Got an e-mail from dealer today that the car was delivered to the Texas port last week, and will be ready any day. Not real sure where they drop the cars off for Texas shipments, but I was not expecting to be in this soon.
[/quote]

Nah, TX MS3 come from either Seattle or Port Hueneme. Most likely Hueneme but I'm not 100% sure.
They get railed to Lone Star.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=67362.msg1164528#msg1164528 date=1169574203]
[quote author=Mostly Harmless link=topic=67362.msg1164381#msg1164381 date=1169569948]
[/quote]
if you have a friend who can go with you - its this early in the semester :) skip ;)
[/quote]

How dare of us to recommend such a thing! You are corrupting this man/kid!
The MS3 is NOT worth postponing your education.

Who the FUCk am I kidding!? GET YOUR ASS MOVING AND GO PICK IT UP !!

·
Registered
199 Posts
[quote author=Mellman link=topic=67362.msg1164528#msg1164528 date=1169574203]
[/quote]
[/quote]

LOL its the first day of that class! I love driving icon.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[quote author=bolack link=topic=67362.msg1164628#msg1164628 date=1169577805]
Anyone know the average wait from port delivery to the dealership?
[/quote]

I'd say it depends on the distance for sure.
But I can be sure that from PORT to CLEARED FROM PORT you're talking about 7-10 business days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts