Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, the TL has had alot of problems already.
Check out the forum.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=64458

BY no means am I comparing these two cars, but it seems that Honda is slipping (a little bit) in terms of reliability, even for first year cars. The TSX has its fair share of problems as well.

MAzda also has some problems with the 6 and the RX8 as well.

I don't really know what the point of this post is, maybe that first year cars aren't the best way to go. But the 3 appears to be rock solid so far.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
There have been reports of CEL issues like those in the 6 reported by some in Canada.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I have really squeaky brakes.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Levi that isn't too unusual, my PRo5 had fairly squeaky brakes for the first few weeks, went away after a while.

What exactly is the CEL issue?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
The O2 sensor in the MZ6 was/is overly sensitive, it was causing CEL's to come up quite reguarly for no real reason.

I believe an ECU flash has mostly cured that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gosh I hope there aren't any recalls on my new baby...I am so sick of recalls on my old Neon>.<

i had more than <b>10</b> recalls on my old neon in the first 3 month

Where can we access factory recalls letter

·
Registered
50 Posts
My protege 02 protege has been great. It is the dealer installed stuff that has given me problems. Otherwise the protege is an extremely solid little car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
it wasn't just the 6 that was having the cel problem. there was a member on this site who said he is having that problem with this 3, and his dealer said quite a few people are havin gthe same problem

·
Registered
172 Posts
I doubt there will be a mazda that'll be more reliable than honda cars anytime soon. Honda has way better history in reliable than mazda and I dont think that'll change. Mazda is somewhere in competition with Nissan imo with reliability.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That may be Haris but Honda has been fetching a little less than stellar remarks from some people I know about reliability. At anyrate Nissan has resurrected into a fine manufacturer, if Mazda is in that calss then they are in fine company and I didn't have to pay 20% more to have my near Honda reliability without the featureset.

As far as problems with dealer installed stuff, yeah the only thing I could complain about was the squeak that developed with my auto dimming mirror I had installed when I bought my Pro5. It only occured during cold weather and slightly adjusting it made it go away but annoying none the less. I think the mirror was just too heavy for the mount.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Haris said:
I doubt there will be a mazda that'll be more reliable than honda cars anytime soon. Honda has way better history in reliable than mazda and I dont think that'll change. Mazda is somewhere in competition with Nissan imo with reliability.
The Mazda6 was rated higher than the Accord in first year reliability by Consumer Reports.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cowtown said:
That may be Haris but Honda has been fetching a little less than stellar remarks from some people I know about reliability. At anyrate Nissan has resurrected into a fine manufacturer, if Mazda is in that calss then they are in fine company and I didn't have to pay 20% more to have my near Honda reliability without the featureset.

As far as problems with dealer installed stuff, yeah the only thing I could complain about was the squeak that developed with my auto dimming mirror I had installed when I bought my Pro5. It only occured during cold weather and slightly adjusting it made it go away but annoying none the less. I think the mirror was just too heavy for the mount.
Nissan is definitely not the pinnacle of reliability. My friend drives an 03 Sentra Spec-V and it has been recalled numerous times for engine fizes. Not that great if you ask me. I've also seen many 04 Maximas with headlights/tailights burned out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honda is slipping, period. You never seem to hear about it though, do you. If it were Mazda or Mitsu or even Nissan having the same issues, the whole automotive world would be aware.

·
Registered
172 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Haris said:
The Mazda6 was rated higher than the Accord in first year reliability by Consumer Reports.
Yes, but then again there was some buick that was #1 on that list. So I guess Buick in this case would be more reliable than honda, toyota, mazda, and nissan. lol.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think we can all agree, especially those of use who have actually owned or drive more than one Mazda in the past 5 years that Mazda's build quality and reliability has improved greatly. They are without a doubt a very well done car.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Haris said:
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Haris said:
Yes, but then again there was some buick that was #1 on that list. So I guess Buick in this case would be more reliable than honda, toyota, mazda, and nissan. lol.
And that's unreasonable, why? The Regal has been around forever, it should rock the list.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts