Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I found it. It's a Titanium Gray hatchback 5sp with the ABS, Moonroof, and Xenon packages. It came in Wednesday and I should pick it up on Monday, if they give me a good deal. It'll be pretty sad if they want me to bend over and take it just because it's a brand new car, especially since I used to work there. I have a 2004 Impreza RS waiting for me if the Mazda dealership decides to screw me over.....But I want the 3...I'll post pics soon

Only a few short weeks before I'm hopefully sporting this thing in Jacksonville, FL to see the Mountaineers take on Maryland!

EDIT: Topic renamed to show model/trim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove the 3 tonight and all I have to say is Mazda has a real winner on their hands. The engine is extremely quiet, almost too quiet. It doesn't have that nice snarl of the Mz6i but it has ALL the punch. It will go really fast, well really fast. I was doing 95mph and thought I was going 70, absolutley amazing. Fit and finish really take this car and the company to another level. I liked the seating position. In the hatchback atleast you sit a little higher than in a car, in almost an upright SUV style, it gives great visibility. The xenons are great, but there's this little adjuster button beside the dash dimmer which changes the angle of the lights. I spent the first five minutes scared to death because I could only see about 12 feet in front of me on a two lane West Virginia country road. I guess it's to keep from blinding people in the city. Once I figured this out I couldn't believe how they really light up the road. This car truly blows every other car under $20k out of the water. I go up there Monday to try to make a deal with them.....I hope everything goes well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The xenon manual adjustment is to compensate for the weight distribution of passengers and trunk load. 0 for just driver and driver and passenger; 1 is for driver, passenger and rear passengers; 2 is for driver, passenger, rear passengers plus trunk load; and 3 is for driver with trunk load. Auto leveling would have been nice!

In Seattle I got $1000 off sticker or $460 over invoice--don't pay msrp!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually, I found the Mazda3 quality do be a little behind the 6. Maybe it was just the materials used. Still very good, I just don't see it taking Mazda "to another level."

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spammy: well, when comparing base model to base model, I felt the base model 3 was of a higher fit and finish than the base model 6. From an interior perspective you do have a point when the mz6 leather is involved, but from an exterior perspective seam gaps and the like are much more consistant than the mz6. I considered buying Mz6i a few weeks ago, but held out on the 3, and I was much more impressed with the 3's interior materials than the 6. Also, I am just a shade over 20k in the dealer's addendum on the Mz3 with a moonroof, xenons, ABS. With the 6 I got alloys for around 19.5k, plus I got more weight. I'm young, I don't have a family, a resonable backseat is all I need. No offense to the 6, if I was in the midsize market the 6 would top my list, but for bang for the buck I just don't see a base model 6 beating a base model 3.

My $0.02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey - I have had my new M3 for 5 days now and I LOVE it! Does any one know of any companies or websites offering aftermarket parts for the 3 (over seas known as the Mazda Axela)? I want to fix it up fast! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the directions. I have found a few parts just today after spending hours on the web last night. I gave my Baby its first bath and wax job today. I had the windows tinted this week and removed the "Mozda" off of the back - there is three holes under it, but no holes under the '3'. I covered the holes with an aftermarket chrome molded piece and invirted the emblems and now it says " 3 Racing " It looks soo good! I have big plans for this car, now I just need the time and the money! I like this site. Its given me a lot of help and ideas! Now I'm concidering painting the hood and roof black like on the 'concepet' from the photoshop gold car - Thanks!

·
Registered
984 Posts
silverm3 said:
Thanks for the directions. I have found a few parts just today after spending hours on the web last night. I gave my Baby its first bath and wax job today. I had the windows tinted this week and removed the "Mozda" off of the back - there is three holes under it, but no holes under the '3'. I covered the holes with an aftermarket chrome molded piece and invirted the emblems and now it says " 3 Racing " It looks soo good! I have big plans for this car, now I just need the time and the money! I like this site. Its given me a lot of help and ideas! Now I'm concidering painting the hood and roof black like on the 'concepet' from the photoshop gold car - Thanks!
Cool. Take lots o' pics for us. Can you put your location in your profile too? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Problem - I'll try to get some photos out there soon. I'm in Southern Utah. My dealership received three M3's and after my purchase they are down to two. This car is going to be fun to fix up!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Ive thought about shaving the rear hatch on mine...

There is a guy that does wicked painting on the spot. He'll come to ur pad, in the garage of course, build his little hut and paint away.

Ive seen him do a few repairs @ dealerships.. and omg he fixed a near-doomed Lexus SC430

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought it today. It is awesome, I can't believe how great this car is. Pictures and a full breakdown on price etc to come tomorrow....Just wanted you all to share in my jubilation!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a breakdown on the price:
$19,805 Sticker Price
+ 273 Dealer Addendum
20,078 Total Price

- $1,610 Discount
18,468 Sale Price

I got another $2000 for my trade and then add in $857 in state tax and then $80.50 for title, document, and tire fees and the amount financed is $17,616. The dealer was having an invoice sale so that's how I got a good deal. I was amazed because it was the first 3 they sold, plus the girl at the DMV said it may be the first 3 to be titled in West Virginia. There haven't been any titled yet, but there may be some pending.

Here are some pictures I took today....I hope to get some better ones taken later

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=e_photo_album&password=28019172

1 - 17 of 17 Posts