Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
i've seen alot vids like this and always wondered what happens after. can the shop be legally held responsible for damages to the car? what if they wreck it beyond repair? do they get you a new car? how does it work? keep mind i've been to a dyno shop or beyond the obvious, know anything about them.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Generally speaking if the shop is smart they will have you sign a disclaimer before the car gets on the dyno that says in effect, "Even if our employees are drunk and stoned off their ass, when you give us your car to dyno, you pays your money and takes your chances"

Whether that waiver could actually successfully deflect a lawsuit if there was gross negligence or incompetence, I have no idea as I haven't seen any case law on point myself.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Yeah, waivers and disclaimers usually don't even make it into the pretrial hearings here in the U.S., LOL.

They're a feel good for the proprietor and, potentially, a false roadblock for anyone that might think about suing (i.e. they see the waiver and don't realize that it has more use as toilet paper than an assignment of liability).

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Usually shops have insurance, so repairs/damage/ new car is covered

source : my friend was working at a shop and while operating the lift it went bonkers and the persons car fell off it, 8k in repairs covered under the shops insurance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts