Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to opt out of the Nav system in exchange for a DVD player. Any comments?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
that would be sweet but illegal here in cali haha..

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
yup, it's illegal.

Basically, other than the NAV (which is still debatable), if the driver can visually see a video screen - it's illegal.

Personally, I think that SUV and MV drivers that have those things in the back for their kids should get a ticket. I start watching the screen instead of the road - it's an accident just waiting to happen.

Besides, I don't need a DVD in my car - I spend a lot of time there, but watching a movie is not what I need. Maybe it's because I'm too old to make out in my car.. :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think its a good idea that its illegal. I would seriously be distracted if Bad Boys 2 was playing in my perherphial vision. Though I still think it would be cool to have it installed. IF I ever get the funds I'm going for headrest installs, a full computer in the glovebox and an LCD in the dash...

·
Registered
35 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
Besides, I don't need a DVD in my car - I spend a lot of time there, but watching a movie is not what I need. Maybe it's because I'm too old to make out in my car.. :)
lol if you were still making out in your car, even more reason not to bother with the dvd deck! hehehe

here in aus its not illegal, but for most of us theres just no point.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
WiseYoda said:
works in the RX-8 by cutting 4 wires... someone want to try in the 3?
What happens if I cut the wrong one? Does the car blow up??

Umm.. Red wire.. no... Green wire... What do you mean there's not a green wire!?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
It looks kinda ugly though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts