Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New thread as the forum police closed my thread after I accidently posted the thread without photos for 2 minutes! :lol:

I have a brand new set of Dunlop Direzza Star Specs 215/45/17. Not even mounted and still have the stickers on them. I bought them at the beginning of winter thinking I would be auto-xing my car again for 2009. Two things happened... got a job with a 100+ mile commute every day and someone offered me to co-drive their better prepped car!

Sooo... normally, these tires go for $125-130 each plus shipping. I will let them go for $440 total with pickup. I also work in Gloucester, MA during the week so could meet in the Gloucester/Danvers area at around 5PM if needed. Coastal NH is easy and I'm often in ManchVegas.

Just checked... They are listing for $133 right now on tirerack with a $50 rebate which brings you to $482 but remember you still have to pay for shipping! You are still saving ~$100 with me.

Not interested in shipping at this time. Make sure to send me a PM as well.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: Dunlop Direzza Star Specs

If I put these on my stock oem 17" will I still be in HS? Also will this increase the wheel gap due to it being 45 instead of 50?
Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You can put any size tire you like as long as the wheels remain the stock size. Yes the gap will be slightly bigger and I mean slightly. For the money you can't get a better grippier tire that you can still drive on the street.

Plus for auto-x you want a shorter tire if possible as it will give you better acceleration.

btw, I better be seeing you at the SCCA events this year! Look for me and PZ in his ti gray sedan.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

Haha, I went to a few SCCA events last year at Devens but never entered. I was with my brother with the green 240sx. I'll be entering this year but it will be my first time :eek4:

I'm still waiting for my tax money but i'll definitely let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.