Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whole head light bulb thing has me really confused, so forgive me if this question sounds dumb.
I have an 04 Mazda 3 Hatch. To my knowledge it still has the stock headlights and stock bulbs.

I found a bulb that i really like and was wondering if this was something i can install without having an HID kit?

It is an H1 Nokya Artic White
70 watts
part no.NOK7417

Here is the link
http://www.nokyausa.com/aws/aws7417.html

Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
You need the H7 version, not H1, but that style of bulb will work fine. It's not a true HID bulb, just a coated halogen.

EDIT: this is assuming you have a 2004 3 that did not come with HID headlights from the factory, which were an option. Do you have side airbags? I believe they were part of the same package.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Im at work right now. I will check later, I bought the car used so I'm not 100% sure, but I think I just have driver and passenger airbags.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=137277.msg2959005#msg2959005 date=1235519656]
EDIT: this is assuming you have a 2004 3 that did not come with HID headlights from the factory, which were an option. Do you have side airbags? I believe they were part of the same package.
[/quote]

In 04 and 05, HIDs were bundled with TPMS. SAB/SAC were bundled with ABS. A quick way to tell if you have HIDs is to look for the leveler dial next to the dashboard dimming dial.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Another easy way to check wether you have the HIDs, is that they will have a leveling control next to the interior light dimmer control. It's a slider to the left of the steering wheel by the little garage door opener cubby hole.

EDIT: gah! daniel beat me to it... he is 100% correct.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get off of work in like 30 minutes ill go check right after and get online when i get home. Thank you guys for all the info

·
Registered
644 Posts
i read reviews and they say that the nokya bulbs are only for show. they only produce the color you want. if you want brightness, you have to go with the HIDs. nokya bulbs are cheap in other words.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok thank you for all the info. i am just going to install and HID kit. i should have it by the end of march. I think im going to get it from dabears2k.com, i have only heard good things about them. thanks again guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts