Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whole head light bulb thing has me really confused, so forgive me if this question sounds dumb.
I have an 04 Mazda 3 Hatch. To my knowledge it still has the stock headlights and stock bulbs.

I found a bulb that i really like and was wondering if this was something i can install without having an HID kit?

It is an H1 Nokya Artic White
70 watts
part no.NOK7417

Here is the link
http://www.nokyausa.com/aws/aws7417.html

Thanks for all of your help.

· Registered
10,689 Posts
You need the H7 version, not H1, but that style of bulb will work fine. It's not a true HID bulb, just a coated halogen.

EDIT: this is assuming you have a 2004 3 that did not come with HID headlights from the factory, which were an option. Do you have side airbags? I believe they were part of the same package.

· Registered
17,140 Posts
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=137277.msg2959005#msg2959005 date=1235519656]
EDIT: this is assuming you have a 2004 3 that did not come with HID headlights from the factory, which were an option. Do you have side airbags? I believe they were part of the same package.
[/quote]

In 04 and 05, HIDs were bundled with TPMS. SAB/SAC were bundled with ABS. A quick way to tell if you have HIDs is to look for the leveler dial next to the dashboard dimming dial.

· Registered
10,689 Posts
Another easy way to check wether you have the HIDs, is that they will have a leveling control next to the interior light dimmer control. It's a slider to the left of the steering wheel by the little garage door opener cubby hole.

EDIT: gah! daniel beat me to it... he is 100% correct.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.