Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: replying

teklis said:
dugrant you gotta learn stick man, here is a technique to learn. When in a parking lot or another open area. Put the car in 1st gear but dont move yet. Ease out the clutch until the car moans and moves forward ever so slowly....this is what I call the engagement point, the point where the transmission is willing to move the car, but any more slack on the clutch will induce a stall, this is the point where the gas should be depressed.

Secondly when you become more advanced in driving, when downshifting try revving the car up to the engine speed that you think the engine would idle at during a normal downshift....then execute the shift and clutch out .....the experience???? a downshift without decreasing speed, IE used for passing, hill grades etc etc.......this technique is used often by sportbike riders and the like to match engine speed before entering a turn, also possibily a good technique in autocrosses.
I'm thinking that I would just have to learn stick on an MZ3 (if I end up getting one). the problem is finding cars to learn on, not teachers ;)

Man... all this talk about the Mazda car being sooo zoom-zoom-ish... I get chills just thinking about driving one :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
yes the car is most definitly worthy of the zoom-zoom title. <puts bib back on to look at other mazda 3 pics> :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
i also need to learn manual :( but i don't want to wreck a new car doing it

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
hehehe... one day we'll all learn :)
or one day we'll have those fly shifters like in the Ferrari.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts