Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal or should I be pissed off?

Went into the Mazda dealer Feb 16th. Did the test drive and put down a deposit. I told them I wanted a Mazda3 with a navigation system. They (of course) don't have one on the lot. They said they will search other dealers on the east coast.

That was exactly 2 weeks ago.

Every time I call, my sale person tells me hes been really busy. I honestly feel like he isn't doing anything at all. I get no updates from them so I have no idea when I'm going to get my car.

Do I have to keep calling them every day? How long does this usually take??

·
Registered
78 Posts
2 weeks and u a bitcthin?!?!?! u must be dreaming dude. u r lucky for getting a mazda and not a audi, MB, BMW those guys make u wait for ever and ever.

whe the first Audi A4 came out u had to wait for 3 months :evil:

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Try Benz SL500. Its waiting time is 1 year. SL55 is 2 years :? Now that's abnormal.
My friend is lucky enough to hook up with one of the managers. Still he gotta wait for 6 months for SL500.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
yup, 2 weeks is nothing. people on the 6 board have had to wait up to 6 months before. but it also sounds like your salesman doesn't care. :?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm waiting <still> I know that it's on "the boat" but that's it, and it's been 2 weeks. At least my salesman could tell me that I would get it in March, yours sounds like he hasn't even put your name on one yet.

·
Registered
947 Posts
This is why you are not getting your car: Your sales person is not looking for it, or is selling it to someone else.

What incentive do they have to get your car immediately if they already have you locked in waiting for a vehicle? You've been effectively taken out of the market. If it is a car that is selling well, they are going to sell your car to someone else who is actively shopping around.

If you want a car fast, put yourself *in* the market. Call some dealer, including yours, and tell them the first dealer with the car you want gets your business.

I put a deposite down on a blue Acura TSX back in April of 2003 at the largest Acura dealership on the east coast. I waited 3 months for a car to materialize. All along the way they told me "two weeks". When I finally got my deposit back in August, they told me my car would be there by the end of the week. I ignored it. They actually did have it by the end of the week. Why? Because I took my money out and was back in the market. But by then, my priorities had changed and I no longer wanted a TSX.

So when I went shopping for my Mazda3, I didn't go put a deposit down and order a car somewhere, I called dealers within a 100 mile driving distance of my home and only went to the dealer if they had my car in their lots.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm another one who's patiently awaiting my car as well.

As for the the sales man, he cannot give me a date for the ETA, but when he said they will search for the car from other dealers I was, and I must say, a little pessimistic because they told me the trim/color/option (Mzs/Ylw/Stick) that I was looking for will be hard to find.

So why did they tell me on (02/22) that they will take approx. 10 days to locate? Just to get my business!

On the 24 (of Feb.), two days after I went back in to find out how the prospects look, I came back out knowing it's very bleak, but not before I found out that: having the dealer do a "search".... the timing of actually getting the car is indefinite as opposed to ordering the car from the manufacturer (which I did) and will take about 6-8 wks (hopefully the longest).

So now, I'm looking forward for March to "fly by" and hopefully April brings good news.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm in that "boat" alone, but then I realize... it's a BIG NO! (Which gives me encouragement to have patience..... and wait.)

In the meantime, I could concentrate on classes @ college; Work and save more to have a bigger downpayment.

·
Registered
525 Posts
hmm,
Interesting what LeeLee said there.

I will call the other surrounding dealers and find out what they have..... since they have been calling me and I have basically been ignoring them and not return their calls.

Actually, last nite I returned all their emails... about 6 in total so hopefully they get back to me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I waited 2 months for my 3 because of the navigation... When I picked it up last week, my dealer said the wait for navigation is now a full 3 months... good luck there buddy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not pissed because it's been two weeks and I don't have a car.... I'm pissed because it's two weeks and my dealer hasn't even started LOOKING yet!

Should I call them and just tell them to order it from the factory?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Chuckie said:
I'm not pissed because it's been two weeks and I don't have a car.... I'm pissed because it's two weeks and my dealer hasn't even started LOOKING yet!

Should I call them and just tell them to order it from the factory?
DEALER DOES NOT MAKING ANY ORDERS FOR MR. CUSTOMER.

THEY HAS THEIR SCHEDULE ORDER IN GENERAL SUCH AS HOW MANY UNITS OF SORT OF PACKAGE FOR DEALERS INVENTORY TO FULLFIL.

ALL DEALERS RIGHT NOW EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH LOCATING A VEHICLE IT IS A VERY SHORT SUPPLY, THEY REALLY DO TRADES WITH OTHER DEALERS.

IT IS A POSSIBILITIES THAT CLOSE TO JUNE/JULY MAZDA CORP. (FACTORY) RUNS OF ALL SUPPLIES. IT IS BAD FOR ALL OF US EITHER DEALER/BUYER.

SO, I WOULD THINK, IF YOU ARE ON A MARKET FOR MAZDA 3 JUST MAKE AN ORDER, AND IF YO LUCKY DEALER WILL HAVE THIS CAR IN HIS ORDER BOOK SCHEDULE SOMEWHERE IN APRIL/MAY.

ONE MORE THING, THAT DEALER SAME AS A BUYER INTERESTED IN SOONER DELIVERY, THEY HAVE THEIR TARGETS FOR A MONTH.
TODAY MAZDA 3/3SPORT MOST SELLING CAR IN MAZDA DEALER
:)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Hate to be that guy, I went in on a Friday, told them what I wanted, they said they would take my rig as the trade, give me a rental and they would go get mine. I had it Monday all shiny and purdy.

Hasta :p

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Searching other dealers takes 3.5 seconds - they have a computer system that does it.

And yeah they don't like ordering, but most will. That's a 2-3 month wait though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had to order my Mazda3. Searched inventory on MazdaUSA the other day and they have issued my car a VIN# which means they are building/have built my car. how do I know it's my car? It's the only Titanium Gray coming to this area with my options... Dealer confirmed the VIN# the other day. Production was pushed back 2 weeks on my car, so instead of having it next week, it'll be more like the end of March... oh well!

My advice would be to do a search on MazdaUSA's site (not very accurate considering a car coming to your area doesn't necessarily mean it's available for you to purchase, could be an order like mine) and if you dont' see anything coming, order it from a dealer. I'm sure one of them in your area would be willing to order a car with your specs. Do it soon though, the dealer may not be able to change their allotment if you wait too long.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Heh wow if yo uguys really want a 3 jsut come to st.louis no one is buying them over here, still so many just sitting on the lots. Of course if you really wnat you could find one at a dealership and road trip there :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hate to be that guy, I went in on a Friday, told them what I wanted, they said they would take my rig as the trade, give me a rental and they would go get mine. I had it Monday all shiny and purdy.

Hasta
I am that guy too. Went in on Thursday, told them what I wanted. They got on their computer, saw it was at another dealer and had it for me the next day. Went Friday afternoon and picked it up.....and I got everything but navi. Good luck to all who are waiting. Hopefully you wont have to wait too much longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts