Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Dual XDVDN8290 and I was wondering if there would be any way to keep my steering wheel controls? I dont think the Radio has a port for the Pac pluging for the steering wheel control interface. Any help would be awesome! thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one i was looking at was the SWI-PS and it says it need a seperate jack on the back of the radio. I am all new to steering wheel controls but i would figure it would just need to tap into the existed harness wire and not need a seperate jack for the radio. http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/SWI-PS.pdf <-- that is where the instructions for the SWI-PS are. Would the SWI-X work with the Dual XDVDN?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i have been doing a little research on the SWI-X but i still dont really get it.
1. Hold or tape the Infrared LED (blue LED on black wire) to a surface so it is facing towards the aftermarket stereo. It must have a clear line of sight to the stereo. Try to minimize the angle as much as possible.

The best place to mount the LED: In the center console or overhead console (extending the LED wire may be required) and as far back as possible. Behind the domelight cover.
Bad places to mount the infrared LED: Do not mount the LED in stereo installation kit. Do not place LED where cups or other articles will block it. If at all possible, try not to mount where sunlight may shine on LED.

How big is this LED? Where should I mount it on a 2009 mazda 3 Sedan? This is just confusing. I just wanna wire some stuff up behing the stereo and be done with it lol.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Why did you buy DUAL I worked for Best Buy selling car audio. I am sorry to say but DUALs are POS. Always had problems with them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If its a POS then ill sell it on ebay. no loss. I got it for cheap and thought id try it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts