Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has come across any pics of a 3 with dual exhaust. I think it would look sweet with pipes like the 6. If not, it would be nice to have some of you photoshop gurus attempt the task :banana: .

·
Registered
273 Posts
search for the mx sportif
i think the 3 looks damn good with the duals

btw what part of dallas are you from

·
Registered
202 Posts
dual exhaust is pointless on a 4 cylinder, like on the s2000 its just for looks. They may as well put an Uncle Ben's sticker on the car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anarkraft said:
dual exhaust is pointless on a 4 cylinder, like on the s2000 its just for looks. They may as well put an Uncle Ben's sticker on the car.
unless its high output
doesn't the mazda 6i have duals as well?? its the same engine

·
Registered
192 Posts
The rear end of the 3 would look really nice with dual exhaust, it would balance it out more. I would only get it if it was functional though.

I would not consider the S2000 rice by any means either. My friend had one and that car would look dumb with a single pipe hanging out of the rear.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts

Personally, I don't think a car should have dual exhaust unless it's a V8..... but hey - it's your car :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've seen a sedan with dual exhaust.

I believe one of us aussie guys has one too.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
dual exhaust just kills your power... less restriction.. better for some cars at least, i would figure 4-6cylinders would be better off with one exhaust pipe, and a v8 would need 2... but if you are doing it for looks, make one functional and yea, but that adds a lot of weight so...

·
Registered
423 Posts
for how slow the car is, i wouldnt get the dual pipes unless you already had ton of modes in in it

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
You know what's funny, I was looking at my car's ass after slapping on the Axela badge and taking off the 3, when I thought that dual exhaust would really finish off the symmetrical black+chrome looks I'm starting to build... so here's what I came up with:

I think it would look awesome.. just get fatter piping catback until right before the bunper and split it off into two that aren't quite as big...mmmm....

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Oricle said:
untouchable said:
i think we have isolated the problem
Opinions are not problems... not accepting differing opinions from your own is the problem. I think it would look awesome, he thinks it would look dumb, we're both right because we both know it's just a matter of opinion. And I agree that it'd be pretty hard to get the cutout to look the exact same, I wouldn't personally try it...

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
IMO - if this thread ends up with lots of IMOs that people cannot accept, it'll get locked.....

I wonder if AzMz3 is around - I'm sure he'd agree :hsugh:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts