Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
dinu01 said:
I wish for this and diesels, but I doubt it we'll see it on our lifetimes...
Go VW if you want diesel ;)

Three things that I would have liked to have on the m3 in Canada:
1) Xenon headlights
2) DSC
3) climate control (w/ the translucent dials)

I don't even want navi or tire pressure monitor.....just give me those three!

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Absinthe said:
dinu01 said:
I wish for this and diesels, but I doubt it we'll see it on our lifetimes...
Diesel is noisy, isn't it?
They're getting better.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
No way I'd go VW. Too expensive, not too reliable and not more fun to drive thna Mazdas.

Not willing to pay for HIDs either - useless IMO.
I'd like SAB/SAB and would pay $500 CAD for them though.
DSC? $300 CAD tops - would rather gave 4 wintrer tires.
Auto Climate - have it in my Maxima. Not a fan of it. Never stops - always blows air and uses the A/C too much.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Have you been to Europe lately? The new diesels are not what they used to be. Very efficient with LOTS of torque! And if you know anything about cars, you'll know that torque not HP is what matters most.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I said matters MOST not THE MOST IMPORTANT thing :)

I'd rather have 130HP/170torque rather than 145HP/145torque. Do you agree?

·
Registered
154 Posts
poootatoe patato...same thing ;)
and no I dont agree...it would depend how heavy the vehicle in ? is, where it makes its power, and the gearing. Assuming this is for the 3, and the engineers did their homework and geared it properly I'll take the 145/145. And I'll be faster too, from a roll/standstill whatever.
Now if you typically drive your car around the city and rarely ever reach the higher rpms, then you may prefer a car tuned to make its power down low, which typically results in bigger torque numbers. thats your choice.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Diesels have always had lots of torque... that's why they're used... becuase trucks need lots of pulling power, not speed.

I'd rather have 145/145... you don't want a car lacking in tq, but you don't want one lacking in hp either.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Yes, but diesel engines are cool:)

PS: When you run out of things to say, say that "all the cool kids do it, so it must be cool" :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
as long as your buying the Diesel for the benefits of having a deisel and understand what they are thats cool...if you're buying it because you think that big number makes it somehow faster or better then...well you need to do some research ;)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Well first of all here in NA we don't have the choice to buy diesels unless we go to VW. Being a Mazda and Nissan fan myself, guess that won't happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
oh sorry dude I dint even bother to check where you were from...my bad. just talking about it i figured you had the option.
man i dontknow about a diesel in Canada, you'd have to plug it in at night ;)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts