1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm quite confused on this one.

My dealer says the M3 has it.

Some Canadian reviewers says it has it.

But on Mazda.ca, it's not listed (or I just can't find it).

Can anyone confirm?

BTW, DSC = Dynamic Stability Control....or traction control :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I don't think it does. Go to mazda.ca or mazdausa.com. I don't remember seeing it on there though.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know......it feels like it's there. When I gave it a lot of gas going off of wet pavement (plus paint), it was really grippy.

However, I didn't notice if a traction control light came on or not.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just looked at the spec sheet and it doesn't list any DSC or traction control.

·
Registered
272 Posts
DSC = Dynamic Stability Control....or traction control
No they are not the same.
- TSC ensures a proper longitudinal friction (front to back) of the tires during acceleration. It's use the same wheel sensors as with ABS and controls the engine output (and eventually brake force)
- DSC ensure a proper lateral friction (side skidding) of the tires during cornering. Beside the wheel sensors, it needs a yaw sensor/lateral accelerometer which are not required by the TSC. It controls mostly the brake force.

N/A do not get both features.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bluong1 said:
DSC = Dynamic Stability Control....or traction control
No they are not the same.
- TSC ensures a proper longitudinal friction (front to back) of the tires during acceleration. It's use the same wheel sensors as with ABS and controls the engine output (and eventually brake force)
- DSC ensure a proper lateral friction (side skidding) of the tires during cornering. Beside the wheel sensors, it needs a yaw sensor/lateral accelerometer which are not required by the TSC. It controls mostly the brake force.

N/A do not get both features.
Ahhh.....thanks! This was the exact piece of info I needed :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
The 3 doesnt have it either? strange...figured they would add that in...hell our focus has it. I figured they'd integrate that into the 3...or they just dont want to piss off us 6 owners just yet ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
cause dynamic stability control is the next step beyond abs and tcs....tries to correct if the car is sliding sideways and stuff. actually works pretty good, although not exactly necessary. Just cant seem to get the wifes car outta control with that on, and believe me I tried ;)
It wouldnt piss me off, but you know how some ppl are

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Interesting. That would be cool to have. Sounds like it should be standard on all cars.

·
Registered
154 Posts
added cost for something some ppl dont want and if you dont live in a "wintry" type climate you dont really need? Its a nice option cause the wife doesnt (well didnt used to) do well in the snow...after we/she got that car though confidence level went WAY up in the winter.
I dont think it would be worth the added expense down thre in Houston ;)

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
it doesn't work well in wet weather? Seems like it would help b/c of all the rain we get.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Oh that's great. It makes people think they can drive like a maniac on snow. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
csw: well yeah I guess it would..just pointing out that not everyone wants it...I dont know htat it needs to be standard
schul: They all drive like idiots anyway...if it keeps them from hitting me then I'm all for it!

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ARGH.....why does Canada have to have the most boiled down version!?!?!?!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
B/c small cars are thought of to be econoboxes not proper cars, unlike in Europe where the C-segment is THE #1 segment.

It's the bigger is better mentality that, when it comes to cars, is wrong! Now for other things... :)

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dinu01 said:
B/c small cars are thought of to be econoboxes not proper cars, unlike in Europe where the C-segment is THE #1 segment.

It's the bigger is better mentality that, when it comes to cars, is wrong! Now for other things... :)
I know.....but a man can wish, can't he? :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts