Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

anyone here use DrTuned ECU tuning service from Canada?

Long story but bottom line is they won't finish my tune and I find that incredibly unprofessional.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Long time lurker here, made an account to respond. I got my tune started and finished from them over a year ago, Daniel was very professional/thorough, especially with the pandemic going on. What happened?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long story Short. The Dumps started to show Knock sensor activity. For months I chased this issue. brought the car to the Mazda dealer 3 times and they couldn't find anything wrong. Finally I asked for my money back which he declined. I challenged the charge to my CC and filed a complaint. We spoke and negotiated to work it out. I declined the CC grievance and trusted that it could work out. I think we were both frustrated. But, After a year I finally again asked for half my money back and he keeps half which he declined. Since the CC approach was now passed, I said I will discover what this issue is and get back to him. I had noticed in the logs the VVT pattern looked odd. I then begin to replace the timing chain, Piston rings and head/Valve job and spent about $1000. I then reached back out to him when I sent 2 ECU dumps to him and he didn't respond. I called and sent several emails when he finally responded and said he was discontinuing his service with no refund.
Absolutely unacceptable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's unfortunate. Assuming you never had a knock issue ever before running the octane you were running during the tune? ( I know I've had a cylinder misfire issue ever since mine was new from the dealer, even after recall fix and several dealer ecu updates the problem never went away, pre tune or post tune, but that's slightly a separate issue)

Not going to tell you not to ask for your money back, or say who's right because don't work with him and I don't know your car, but the terms are there on the site Terms — DRTuned Racing

It's all unfortunate :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts