Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
It rains 8 months a year, here in BC.

I find the car much better than my 1.6EL when in the rain.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i agree its raining here too...haha im like a couple hours away from you raitchison...these tires suck in the rain...but i noticed my wipers are making a beep sound hahaha...i knowi t sounds weird but its making like a beeping sound...is that normal or is there something probably loose?

·
Registered
396 Posts
the goodyear rs-a's are regular all-seasons, which means they're pretty crappy in rain/snow/ice.

but what im getting more and more annoyed at is the Rain-Sensing Wipers. THAT FEATURE SUCKS. all it does is smear the glass, changing the sensitivity doesn't help matters much. intermitten wipers would be better.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah, it poured here today. My Mz3 felt very solid in the two miles I drove it in the rain today, but that could just be because the tires are new. Whenever these wear out (and that could be sooner rather than later according to one person on Tirerack), I have a few alternatives I am willing to try, especially the Falken 512s. But, hopefully that's 3-4 years off, and by then maybe we'll have new tires to choose from. I guess what I'm saying is that if you drive cautiously in the rain, you should be fine.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Check out the Yokohama Avid V4S tires. If you have 17 inch wheels then you can get them in 215/50/17 and they should have little to no effect on speed (About 1 mph difference for every sixty mph on your speedometer) since they are only 10mm taller and wider.

I have seen them at http://www.tires.com in the tires direct section.

Edit: Actually they are $11 a piece cheaper on tire rack http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Yokohama&model=Avid+V4S

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
6_funk said:
the goodyear rs-a's are regular all-seasons, which means they're pretty crappy in rain/snow/ice.

but what im getting more and more annoyed at is the Rain-Sensing Wipers. THAT FEATURE SUCKS. all it does is smear the glass, changing the sensitivity doesn't help matters much. intermitten wipers would be better.
Can't you go to manual mode so you turn them on whenever you want?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
dinu01 said:
6_funk said:

Can't you go to manual mode so you turn them on whenever you want?
auto wipers in Canada replaces the intermitent ones...it`s not an add on. It`s a replacement. So you have the mist(manual 1 wipe), auto, normal and high speed.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
78 Posts
i think in BC we rain for the good 11 months :) and they say we get the best weather, i rather get the snow so i can snowboard outside my house hahhaha

·
Registered
581 Posts
The rain handling isn't bad on the RS-A's, but it isn't great either.

Even pushing the car a little, I've experienced some pretty annoying things like wheel hop. Anybody have the same problem?

When I've got a little extra money saved up, I think one of the first upgrades I'm going to put on my Mazda 3 are better tires.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have to admit that I'm not that good of a driver, but I feel the RS-A on the 3 kinda sucks in the rain, I feel the car floats on water at times

1 - 15 of 15 Posts