Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

I've got a GS with power windows and I might have a slight problem with the driver's side window. The window operates prefectly except for one little glitch. When I raise the window from any position I get a loud click sound. It almost sounds like something hitting the glass. I'm planning on getting the dealer to look at it when I take the car in for it's first service, but that's at least a month away. Has anyone had this same problem, or something like this?? This is my first car with power windows so I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come...

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
127 Posts
i dont know anything about the window regulators in the 3, but in my honda, one of the regulators broke off and it made a loud click noise whenever i raised or lowered.

im sure its not that bad, but if you're under warranty then theres no question about taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I just noticed a similar noise coming from my driver's electric window ... had car for 10 weeks ~ 4,000 km. It's like a small clunk that occurs when lowering the window and stopping it, or when starting raising / lowering it from a partially down position. Bugger - little noises like this annoy me - especially on a new car! It sounds like the glass moving in the channel. Another one for the dealer to fix under warranty!? Does anyone think that stopping the window once it's started the auto-down function could have caused this? I do this all the time to just lower the window a inch or two - I really should disable it!

See ya.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
rodders said:
Hi All,

I just noticed a similar noise coming from my driver's electric window ... had car for 10 weeks ~ 4,000 km. It's like a small clunk that occurs when lowering the window and stopping it, or when starting raising / lowering it from a partially down position.
Mine does this occasionally as well...almost sounds like something is breaking.

Of course, if I ever attempted to replicate the sound at the dealership, it would never happen.

JT

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I have this problem also, and a couple of times I have heard it on the passenger side. I will have the dealership look at this, along with the auto down function since it doesn't work on the first try about 80% of the time, when I get my oil changed in about 1000 miles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys...

Forgot to post my results here...

Took the car in for it's first service and they had a look at the window. They tightened the motor down and that has solved the noise problem...

I've been driving for a week now and everything is ok...

Rich

·
Registered
338 Posts
I went to the dealer and they had a look at it. They said its the lever or ledge that lifts the window.

When you put the window down a bit (but not all the way) that ledge is not touching the window. So when you put the window up it makes a knocking noise when it hits the window.

Mine still does it, I dont really care now that I know what it is and its not a serious issue.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trife said:
I went to the dealer and they had a look at it. They said its the lever or ledge that lifts the window.

When you put the window down a bit (but not all the way) that ledge is not touching the window. So when you put the window up it makes a knocking noise when it hits the window.

Mine still does it, I dont really care now that I know what it is and its not a serious issue.
This wasn't a knocking sound, this was a clicking sound, as if something metallic was hitting the glass...Visualize a small metallic object hitting the window...That was the sound...

It was not normal...

Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.