Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is true, or I am just on crack... but when I pull up close to a wall and turn my headlights on, i notice that my driver side is brighter..... or can it be that my passenger side is aim lower? Anyone notice this or is it just my car?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Its probably cause you're directly behind the driver's headlight. You're getting more of a reflection from the wall.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
The driver side should be aimed lower than the passnger side - at least that's how it's in the PRO and that car has GREAT headlights (non Xenon, just halogens).

·
Registered
656 Posts
rpc180 said:
Its probably cause you're directly behind the driver's headlight. You're getting more of a reflection from the wall.
If you look at rpc180's avatar, you'll see that his driver's light is brighter than the passenger's!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i am sitting inside the car, i see a weird light that's being cast onto the road.. it's a bright line... which I find weird.... anyway I can adjust this myself?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I took the photo off-center, with the camera near mid-line between the foglight and the headlight and more towards the drivers side. I figure that bright line that you're seeing is at the top of the visible light beam for your car. Its the focus cutoff point due to the projector lens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i too notice that the driver's side headlight is a bit higher than passenger side. not necessarily brighter though. the driver side high beams are higher too, and if i'm not mistaken, it's supposed to be the other way around if anything.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was actually my fault. I didn't install the bulb on right when I was fooling around under the hood. so the bulb was pointing downwards.. now it looks awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts