Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for this... mostly came up with ATX threads.

I have an '07 MTX, and when at a stoplight or stop sign, sometimes when downshifting, it will not go into 1st. I can correct this by putting it in neutral and releasing the clutch, then putting it back into 1st, but it's really bothering me.

Does this constitute a dealer trip, or has anyone else had this problem? (I really don't wanna go to Galpin :?)

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
I thought in mtx's theres a saftey that you cannot shift into 1 if your moving or some cars have it if your going faster then 5 mph. I have ATX so I am not sure.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=66249.msg1136289#msg1136289 date=1168118805]
I thought in mtx's theres a saftey that you cannot shift into 1 if your moving or some cars have it if your going faster then 5 mph. I have ATX so I am not sure.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know about that, but it's 27 mph or something around there, and nobody is going to downshift from that speed.

I have this problem AT a stoplight.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
If I rev-match I can shift into 1st at around 15mph without much trouble. If I knew how to double-clutch well, I'm sure it would be even easier.

ebhcr, the only gear that has an excuse to be stubborn is neutral, since there are no synchros or anything. If it's normally difficult to shift into 1st, I'd say bring it to a dealer. Make sure you're in the car with them when they check it out, so they can't say they couldn't reproduce the problem.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=66249.msg1136294#msg1136294 date=1168119100]
Make sure you're in the car with them when they check it out, so they can't say they couldn't reproduce the problem.
[/quote]

But that's the thing, it doesn't happen all the time, so it'll have to happen when I'm there.

Maybe it's just something I'm doing wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts