Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this problem with my door locks...with the fuse in they lock by themselves while driving and continue trying to lock. If I remove the fuse (because it is annoying to have your locks making the locking noise constantly) then my locks don't try and lock themselves but rather continually try to unlock themselves. If I open the driver's side door so it is still latched but not fully closed...it stops. Any suggestions?

Is there a sensor that is stuck? That is what I was told by my dealer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
This BURNED me 1 night bad. Pouring down rain after a golf tourney, i ran out of my car to check the # on a cottage and as i get back to the car and reach for the handle i heard the dreaded "click" of the locks. I was extremely pissed as the heat was cranked inside and my wipers were going and i was out in the middle of nowhere with no cell signal. Eventually I found a land line and luckily i still had mazda road side assistance. 90 mins later the tow truck showed up to let me in my car.......so i lost a lot of gas b/c the car was running and now i am extremely cautious whenever i am out of the car with the engine running. I usually leave the window down

·
Registered
5 Posts
This same problem started on my '07 a few months ago. It's very sporatic....when it first started it kept trying to lock the doors...then it stopped for a while....a couple times since it has gotten bad while I was driving....it went rabid. It's happened when the car was off and the keys were out, when the keys were in the ignition but the car was off....I need to take it in soon....this is annoying.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
hahahah man this is a great thread :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have power locks or windows. Some may make fun of me but now I'n thinking that's less that can go wrong over time. ::shrug::

Ciao,
Effy

·
Registered
357 Posts
[quote author=Effyouess link=topic=67225.msg1487537#msg1487537 date=1181849839]
I don't have power locks or windows. Some may make fun of me but now I'n thinking that's less that can go wrong over time. ::shrug::

Ciao,
Effy

[/quote]

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
have you tried using the other key set, to make sure it's not the remote? (leave the ones you're using far away from the car...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts