Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, don't over-pay for your Mazda3s. These can be had for invoice or slightly above without haggling!!! Check out these internet prices from Fitzgerald Auto, which is a dealership group in the mid-atlantic region:

http://www.fitzgeraldauto.com/carfind/resultsa.asp?mode=NEW&lstMake=MAZDA|MAZDA+3

Looks like they are selling their Mazda3s at invoice or at most $300 over invoice, not including rebates such as recent grad or owner loyalty. Browns Mazda in Fairfax Virginia is selling Mazda3s for about $200 over invoice:

http://www.fairfaxmazda.com/frameset2.asp?LINK=NewCars&MAIN=new_vehicle_search

These are prices they'll give you just for walking in the door. Imagine if you haggled a bit. So don't overpay for your Mazda! Tell your dealer to match or beat these prices!! Get it for invoice or less!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
My girlfriend bought from Brown's Honda, so I'm sure Brown's Mazda is just as good if anyone wants to buy their car from there.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mazda of Turnersville, NJ

I got my Mazda 3 hatch from turnerville auto for 18800 with the six cd changer, moonroof, Side impact air bags, Side curtain air bags, and anti-lock brakes. I called all the dealers around the area in PA, NJ, and VA and it seems like everyone is selling at aroun 2% over invoice. I'd like the fact how Turnersville lied to me and said you couldn't get the Anti-lock brake package without getting the cd changer and moonroof. I almost withdrew my deposit on the car but just said F%#K it for the 400 bucks I was short by. Don't forget about the recent college grad discount. That's $-500.

Gaithersburg Mazda in VA is on my shit list. They were so rude! I basically got hung up for asking to match a quote from another dealer. I spoke to an unknown salesman that hung up on me the first time and the second time a jerk named "Jay" hung up on me. Don't give em your business!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought my car from Koons Mazda in Marlow Heights Maryland. At first I was apprehensive about going there because the surrounding neighborhood isn't the best. But everyone there was extra friendly and the dealer went the extra mile in making the deal happen. We haggled for about an hour on the price, but there was no pressure on me. They also say they are the largest Mazda dealer on the east coast. I saw their lot and they had more Mazda3s than I've seen anywhere else.

I also strongly recommend Browns Mazda in Fairfax. Brandon was my sales person and he took me on an excellent test-drive that lasted about 25 miles.

I've generally only relied on dealers in the Tysons Corner area for service. The sales departments for those dealers have bad attitudes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I second LeeLee's post inre: Brown's in Fairfax. They have an excellent test-drive route that starts with some easy neighborhood driving, then on to some back roads with some fun twists and hills (don't be afraid to gun it up the hill after the sharp left ;-) and finally onto 66E to see how it does on the highway.

I wouldn't recommend going around rush hour because, well, if you live around here you know how Route 66 is.

Jonathan was my sales guy - just a really nice guy. I can't say whether he was high-pressure or not because I didn't need a whole lot of prodding to buy this car! He said that they've sold about 20 3's thus far and they currently have just under 30 more on the lot. He also said that people were generally buying the S 5door but the I 4door. Also, he's been south of Richmond and way up toward Delaware to pick up cars with specific option packages for people.

Finally, I'd just add that my bank gives me a membership to the UBS buying service which saved me about $600 over the Brown's price, so if you have that or any other service, it's worth having them run all the scenarios.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Route 66 during rush hour = parking lot (same with 495 depending on what direction you're going). DC definitely has the worst traffic I've ever seen, but then again I haven't been out to LA.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, I've been out the LA, just this past May in fact for the E3 conference. My hotel was near LAX and I took the daily trek on 405 north, then 10 east into the city. Traffic was pretty bad.

I did take the chance to enjoy some local scenery in Hollywood and Beverly Hills, as well as a short drive on the PCH in my rental, :cool: Also ate everyday in Chinatown.

DC traffic is bad because there are so few major roads here. With only a beltway, there are only two ways you can go between VA or MD without crossing DC and fighting city traffic. And if you live in northern VA and work in DC, good luck getting to work every morning because 66 inside the beltway becomes HOV-only and it is the only freeway available. You can go north to take George Washington parkway or go south until you hit 395, but those will add an extra 20 minutes to your drive. Those who do get to drive on 66 isn't having an easy time either because that road takes over the traffic from the Dulles toll road and goes from 6 lanes down to 2. Maryland's situation isn't much better since the Beltway there sometimes narrow down to 2 lanes and they are in serious need of a horizontal road that links Columbia/Silver Springs to Rockville/Gaithersburg.

LA traffic maybe bad, but at least they have made an effort to build roads. It's just so frustrating in the DC area... Check out maps for the two cities on Yahoo.com and see what I mean.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I got my 3 sedan (S trim), with every option save NAV and Leather, for 21, 400 including taxes, licensing etc...and that's in CA, so you can just imagine how much the government made in taxes...the college graduate incentive really is nice. I figure that since invoice on my car was 19,203 dollars, getting it for 19,625 before it officially hit US markets was a good deal. Thanks to Todey Mazda for being so cool and getting me exactly the options and color I wanted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price

The lowest price I could find in Houston was $16,667 + TT&L on the 3s 5 door without any options. The invoice is $16,313 with shipping. He did give me the $500 discount because my neice has a new 6s. So, the total came to $16,167 + TT&L. I wonder if I paid too much. What is the least anyone paid?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Prices paid is rather dependent on region. As you can see from my original post, Mazda3 prices in the VA/DC/MD area are pretty competitive due to the relatively heavy concentration of Mazda dealers. Since it is easy to find a Mazda3 for invoice or a little bit over without haggling, my price of $118 below invoice before rebates is just so-so.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does this also apply to Canada? I checked about 5-6 dealerships and the best price I could get is 400 over invoice.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
No no no Ken - in Canada Mazdas are actually bought by people and dealers don't have to give 0% and $$$ cashback to make a sale, so be prepared to pay close to MSRP or wait a few good months for anything close to $1000 off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
dinu01 said:
No no no Ken - in Canada Mazdas are actually bought by people and dealers don't have to give 0% and $$$ cashback to make a sale, so be prepared to pay close to MSRP or wait a few good months for anything close to $1000 off.
Really? So in Canada, dealers pay the invoice price to get the car on their lot? and there is no rebate or anything from the manufacturer after the dealer make a sale? So in theory there is no way you can get a mz3 at invoice price?

·
Registered
330 Posts
ken said:
dinu01 said:
Really? So in Canada, dealers pay the invoice price to get the car on their lot? and there is no rebate or anything from the manufacturer after the dealer make a sale? So in theory there is no way you can get a mz3 at invoice price?
Actually, I think what DINU01 was saying is that Mazda's are way more popular in Canada or almost anywhere then here in the US. This means the dealers are less inclined to make deals or give too deep a discount. They probably figure if you don't buy it for their price someone else will.

Not to say you cann't get it down to invoice just hard in Canada or elsewhere

1 - 19 of 19 Posts