Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guy have 07 mada3. i had cange spark plug to some autolite, now my car is accleration funny, and switching gear funny uing 2and 3 gear. wen i take normal it fine, when i give more gas, rpm is jumping and here a knock noise sometime, fell like it going to sut off.does any have an idea

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
My guess would be crap Autolite plugs. The OEM plugs are Iridiums, and probably a good bit higher quality than the plugs you replaced them with. Try picking up some OEM or comparable plugs and taking out the Autolites.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Autolites used to be considered an OE-plug for Ford. I'd go with a set up platinum plugs (none of that fancy 2/3/4 prong gimmick stuff). Also, if you're getting a knock...run some fuel cleaner and get a new tank of gas. You shouldn't be getting any pings, but a tank of bad gas can do that...or some moisture if your tank is low and the temps have been very cold.

Finally, I'd clean your MAF sensor as well...you can pick up the cleaner at your auto parts store, near the fuel injector cleaner (and other detergents). Search the forum on how to do that, but it's rather straightforward.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Since the problem began after changing the plugs is it possible you got a couple of the coils switched? This would put the ignition timing on two cylinders way out of phase. I don't know if the wiring has enough slack to allow this but it could certainly cause the symptoms described.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Probably the plugs. If you have still the old ones, put them back in. If the car runs better, you’ve confirmed the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts