Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry if this is a dublicate,

I found a thread showing how to open the map lights for the 2008 Mazda 3 sedan, where the slide/tilt button's are located for the sun roof

I tried to open the dome light (i think its called like that) where its located in the middle of your vehicle inside for the passengers in the back,

I want to know how do you open this? i tried but all i was doing is bending the plastic and nothing came out and i don't wanna damage anyhting.

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
check your owner's manual...it shows you how to open it in there. All you need is a small flat-headed screwdriver and a cloth to prevent scratches.

·
Registered
49 Posts
[quote author=Ivancar1 link=topic=137652.msg2967572#msg2967572 date=1235863766]
Hi, sorry if this is a dublicate,

I found a thread showing how to open the map lights for the 2008 Mazda 3 sedan, where the slide/tilt button's are located for the sun roof

I tried to open the dome light (i think its called like that) where its located in the middle of your vehicle inside for the passengers in the back,

I want to know how do you open this? i tried but all i was doing is bending the plastic and nothing came out and i don't wanna damage anyhting.

Thanks
[/quote]

hey, I have switched all my dome lights out and I believe that when I replaced my back dome light out All of the casing stayed in the roof and intact. If I remember correctly they clear plastic cover just pops off. exposing the bulb. If it is the front dome lights then I just took a screwdriver and popped the whole casing out of room then you can just pull the bulbs out of the casing from the back. It is in there good... I thought I was going to break mine for a minute. But it comes out quite easily if you just wedge it out with a screwdriver. Hope that helps you out

·
Registered
644 Posts
there's a little notch on the clear plastic where the edge of that plastic piece meets the dome light housing. just put you flathead screwdriver in there and wedge it out. just remember that it does not take much force. if you are putting force into it, stop and try a different position. the whole housing is not gonna come out.. only the clear plastic to expose the bulb. hope this helps...

·
Registered
97 Posts
flat head, very small flat head. 5 minute job

1 - 6 of 6 Posts