Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made an account just to reply to this....
It just happen to me...my door locks my radio and dome light are gone wipers and flashers too... i really dont know what to do...ive check all the fuse in the PJB and in the engine Bay...i got 12v on the #31 room fuse...i guess that means that i got no wire cut but all the fuse are ok... can someone help me please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there. I have the exact same issue with a used car I purchased. I was stupid enough to believe the seller when he said it's just a blown fuse ! door remotes, dome lights , electric mirrors, and OEM radio don't work , and trip meter resets after turning off.

1. I cleaned all the ground wires and connecting points in the engine bay and reconnected them
2. I checked all the fuse and all seem to be good
3. At the interior fuse box, the stereo related fuse produces 12v no issues
4. At the radio harness, the power only reads around 2.5 volts form the orange black wire
5. The same issue seems to be with the dome lights and only 2.5 volts is shown.

I would appreciate any form of help/idea/workaround that can help me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am happy to say that today I finally found the root of the problem, and a friend who is very hands on with electronics fixed a temporary solution.

After checking all the engine bay grounds, and the interior grounds and cables, I did one final check on the fuses using the multimeter.

The room fuse in the engine fuse box gave a very interesting reading of 2.5 volts. Very interesting. So I started to take things apart and upon visual inspection found and exceptional amount of green hard rust. Using WD40, the rust was cleaned. Furthermore, we found out that the metal connector inside was completely dislodge from the pin hence rendering it useless. Using a short wire, we connected the fuse base to the metal plate and everything is running extra smooth. Of course, this is temporary and I will most probably replace the metal base part, or alternatively run the fuse through one of the available empty slots later on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found green oxide on the terminals. There was no power on right side of fuse terminal when removed. Tried to clean with contact cleaner and paper clip. This made it worse. Fuse did not fit. Ended up buying an add fuse holder with short wire. Using empty spot that had power and 15 amp fuse stuffed new wire in left side. Putting an additional fuse with right terminal cut off in original location to secure wire and bridge the circuit. It works.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts