Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help..... :( (Mazda 3 2005 coupe) (191000 KM)

Was in the garage listening to radio with key in acc mode.
Remove key out and washed the car.
Once car dried had to go to store and thats when everything happened.....

Started car and no radio at all, noticed dome lights don't turn on anymore in either modes and the weirdest thing
is that if I let the car sit for about 5 min turned off my trip-o-meter resets itself to 0, both A & B ( wish it was the odometer...lol)

Not sure where all the fuses are, but I did check the ones under the hood really quick and they seem to be in good
working order.

Maybe someone can tell help me out because I'm at a lost,

Everything else works fine... dash lights, lights, wipers, etc......

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
The fuses are located under the glove box. You pop off the kick panel under there then twist the two twist-locks (by hand, no tools needed). When the twist-locks are free the fuse panel will fold down.

BTW it sounds to me like a fuse also. It'll probably be a 10amp, but check your owner manuals for fuse locations.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok checked all the fuses under the hood and under the glove compartment all fuses are good tested them with a ohm meter.

Can it be my ignition switch that is shoot... not sure where else to look, don't have a wiring diagram for the mazda 3 2005
with 192,000 km..........would be great cause could follow the diagram and do some testing at different places...

Please help me....any suggestions would be great....

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
i would check them again, although a multimeter seems pretty solid for testing. maybe get some spares and try replacing the room, radio and illumination fuses. at least it's cheap and easy...

i don't think the dome light relies on the ignition circuit.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=145196.0

·
Registered
14 Posts
This just happened to me too. All of the sudden my center display, radio, keyless entry, and dome light don't work and trip odometer resets to zero every time I start the car. Found this other thread on the same issue which seems like it might be of help: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=20922.msg288045#msg288045

Might be the interior lights 15a fuse in the engine fuse box.

I'm quite car ignorant but if I'm not mistaken there are instructions and a diagram for how to access the engine fuse box in the owners manual. I'm going to see if my non-existant car knowledge and skills will allow me to handle this one and check it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick update in case anyone else encounters this problem.

I just checked it out and it was indeed the 15a fuse for "Interior Lights" (number 31 on the diagram if I'm not mistaken) under the hood. Mine actually wasn't blown, but one of the little metal legs (sorry, don't know the terminology) was bent so I imagine it wasn't making a solid connection? So I just bent it back straight and put it back in and everything worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you jjp72. I just had the same problem. Somehow the #31 fuse (for interior lights) was bent and I didn't realize until now why at some inopportune moment the keyless entry and radio would stop working. Changed the fuse and everything is back to normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This happened to me again today. It's happened a couple times in the past but everything would start working again on it's own after a short time, but this time it doesn't seem like it's going to fix itself. I guess I'll go check the fuse under the hood in the morning and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My ROOM fuse was actually out of the slot and just sitting loose in there. I wiped it off, put it back in and all is fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This just happened to me today. Lost my interior lights, radio, keyless entry, trip odometer and the gauges go all wonky when I start the car. I tried replacing the ROOM fuse, but it didn't seem to help. One of the legs of the fuse is bent and when I try to straighten it, and put it back in, it just gets bent again. I really don't want to take my car in for such a small issue... especially when I am 99% sure it is this fuse, but what do you people suggest that I do?
Thanks in advance.
Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
No replies to my last post so I thought I would bother you all again with an update. My radio/dome lights/interior locks now come back on intermittently with no rhyme or reason. I will be just driving along and my radio will display "Hello" and the interior lights will come on. Maybe 1 time out of 20, my keyless entry will work. The fuse is no longer getting bent and I have cleaned the crap out of the fuse panel with electrical connection cleaner. It is somehow like the fuse isn't getting a good contact or something. All of the entries in this post previous to mine seem to have the fuse fix the problem. Does anyone else have any ideas of what could be going wrong for me? I am 99% sure that it is related to this "ROOM" fuse since all of the "ROOM" fuse items are out, but beyond that I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really starting to get desperate.
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm getting same problem on my Mazda 3 2008. No radio light, no dome light, keyless entry not working, trip odometer reset to 0 and gauge are crazy at start up. This problem started yesterday after a day with 60mm of rain. Seem to be water/humidity related. I checked room fuse and seem to have oxidation on it. Already tried cleaning fuse without success. Replaced fuse without success. Anyone had find the solution ???? thank you !

·
Registered
15 Posts
I finally found the problem. I found a red wire underneath fuse box that was cut by corrosion ( wire should be connected to fuse 31 ( room fuse ). ( fuse box under hood ) Here is some picture. It seems impossible to solder/reconnect from underneath so I'll buy a 15a fuse with a wire attached to it and splice this wire. Thanks for your help !!!

http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/duvs182/media/1_zps9un2uha2.jpg.html?filters[user]=131361364&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/duvs182/media/2_zpsqvwlfbhy.jpg.html?filters[user]=131361364&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/duvs182/media/3_zpswzvgzrvl.jpg.html?filters[user]=131361364&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem, was not the fuse itself but the panel/wiring

I had been having the same problem with my 2006 mazda 3. Actually have put up with no radio for about 6 months. My mechanic said it could cost a fortune diagnosing the electrical so I didn't bother. At first the radio was spotty, off-on, worse when it was rainy or wet. Then went completely.

It was not the fuses. I tested those initially as well but I also had my suspicions about the wiring connected to the room fuse.

I decided the pull things apart yesterday. And the bottom side of the fuse panel, and where the room fuse is located was a lovely blue-green with corrosion. Everything looked still intact so I cleaned the room fuse slot with a q-tip dipped in vinegar. Let it really soak down in as well (I figured I had nothing to lose, it wasn't working anyway).

Left it for a couple hours and VIOLA! Today I have radio again. Thought this might work for someone else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radio light not working

Need help..... :( (Mazda 3 2005 coupe) (191000 KM)

Was in the garage listening to radio with key in acc mode.
Remove key out and washed the car.
Once car dried had to go to store and thats when everything happened.....

Started car and no radio at all, noticed dome lights don't turn on anymore in either modes and the weirdest thing
is that if I let the car sit for about 5 min turned off my trip-o-meter resets itself to 0, both A & B ( wish it was the odometer...lol)

Not sure where all the fuses are, but I did check the ones under the hood really quick and they seem to be in good
working order.

Maybe someone can tell help me out because I'm at a lost,

Everything else works fine... dash lights, lights, wipers, etc......
Had the same issue with 2096 Mazda 3, fuses were fine, unhooked the ground on battery and hooked it back and it reset and works now. Saw this trick somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made an account just to reply to this....
It just happen to me...my door locks my radio and dome light are gone wipers and flashers too... i really dont know what to do...ive check all the fuse in the PJB and in the engine Bay...i got 12v on the #31 room fuse...i guess that means that i got no wire cut but all the fuse are ok... can someone help me please

1 - 20 of 23 Posts