Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the midst of swapping a 2010 Fusion 2.5 motor into my 2007 Mazda 3 2.3 . The original motor began running rough around 200,000 miles, and there are metal shavings in the oil pickup tube, so it was time.

I have both motors on stands and have removed the valve covers, oil pans, and crank pulleys.

My question is about the friction washer(s). Best I can tell, there was no such washer on my 2007 2.3. When I removed the pulley from the Ford 2.5 L a friction washer fell off onto the floor.

My question is whether this is the only washer that I need to replace? This would be between the pulley and the crankshaft. I have read parts diagrams from a 2010 Mazda workshop manual online showing another friction washer between the timing chain gear and oil pump gear, but I did not touch those.

Is it correct to just replace the one that fell out and leave the others alone?

Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. Just the one. For my 07 Mazda 3 2.3-2.5 swap, the Mazda parts man confirmed that you need only 1 as you said as the other is behind the cam gear remains untouched. L3H5-11-407 is the friction washer. LF01-11-406 is the torque to yield crank pulley bolt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts