Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another forum, a guy who has a Mazda6 with Bose said that when he added an Audiocontrol LC6 to his HU to add amps and speakers, the rear signal from the amp was only midrange. I want to add the same processor to my car, but I need to know if this is an issue with the 3.

Currently my plan is to have the LC6 sending signals to a 4-channel amp with components in the front and coaxials in the rear, with a mono-block sub amp powering an 8" woofer in the jack compartment. However, if the signal is nerfed to the rear channel, I would have no qualms cutting out the rear speakers entirely, except for the fact that if I do decide to install a CarPC once I get that all figured out, I'd like to have 4 channels.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Re: Does the Bose HU for 07 cut bass and treble to rear speakers?

Just add a JL Audio cleansweep unit to your system since you are keeping the stock head unit.

I just cut and pasted this from JL Audios website.. check it out.. might be something to look at

As automakers continue to abandon the stand-alone, standard-sized head-unit in favor of integrated designs,
JL Audio’s product development team felt that a need existed for a high-quality integration solution. This product would need to deliver world-class audio results while not interfering with vehicle functionality, safety or reliability.
To this end, we embarked on a two-year project to develop the CleanSweep® CL441dsp — a patent-pending, DSP-based solution that permits almost any factory-installed audio system to serve as the source for a high-performance aftermarket sound system

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Does the Bose HU for 07 cut bass and treble to rear speakers?

Well, if it turns out the rear signal is only midrange, then that is a good solution. Except for the fact that it is a lot more expensive than the Audiocontrol.

If I don't have a full-range signal in the rear, I'd rather go with just the front components, rather than spend $300 or more for the JL unit, not to mention the price of the signal summing box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts