Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
yah the 3's HID lights do the flickering thing, all projectors do it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Different angles of light from the HIDs give you different colors of light. If you approaching someone in a Mazda3 that is coming toward you and about to crest a hill the lights look very bright and white. Other angles produce different colors depending on where you are compared to where the lights are pointed.

I enjoy driving with HIDs the most because the Mazda3's HIDs light up the road so much. The horizontal cut-off may be too shallow for some, but it works for me. I hate riding in my roommate's car. He has a 2001 Saturn SL1 and those lights are the worst halogens I have ever seen, spotty and very dim... or maybe I am just used to my HIDs by now.

I get a rental for the next 2 weeks because my 3 is in the shop for the airbag sensor replacement and I know I will hate my rental... I just know it... :?

·
Registered
327 Posts
hahahahhaha sucks for u my friend. Sorry to hear that buddy.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Does anyone know if the Xtec 6000k kit does this too? :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Came over a hill on my g/f's car and she said something about "are those white or blue?"

Worked for me, BTW, she said something about spots after looking into the light... (insert movie quote here)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
digi0123 said:
Came over a hill on my g/f's car and she said something about "are those white or blue?"

Worked for me, BTW, she said something about spots after looking into the light... (insert movie quote here)
:)

Yeah the white/blue is just the bulb color but not our actual projectors giving our that purpleish color. We have a decent pretty straight cutoff but its still a halogen projector. I'll find some pictures to show you the difference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll have to take a picture of my Xtec 5000k's soon, because there's not nearly as much scatter as there is in the picture in the post above (top picture). There's very little, actually, and the beam cutoff is very tight and straight.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
NTP66 said:
I'll have to take a picture of my Xtec 5000k's soon, because there's not nearly as much scatter as there is in the picture in the post above (top picture). There's very little, actually, and the beam cutoff is very tight and straight.
I'm just showing the colors of the different projectors. :D
As you can see our 3 doesn't have much color because we don't really have a cut off (the little step that goes up).

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Monkey_3 said:
Heres a mazda 3 cutoff with HIDs

My Phillips kit looks similar to that... it's the ONLY thing that drives me nuts :sad:

·
Registered
213 Posts
so the aftermarket HID systems like the Polarion and Xtec do not flicker, but the stock HIDs on a Mazda 3 does? :?: :?: i am so confused. haha

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
No none of them flicker. The projectors cut off is what causes the flicker and our Mazda 3 projectors don't have that kind of cut off.

The car that i see nowadays that flicker ALOT and you can notice it far away is the new Maximas.

·
Registered
961 Posts
westsidex909 said:
so the aftermarket HID systems like the Polarion and Xtec do not flicker, but the stock HIDs on a Mazda 3 does? :?: :?: i am so confused. haha
Even the ProLumen kit won't flicker.
It's a function of the projectors, nothing more:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yah, unfortunately there is no flickerin, the projector remains the same color throughout, it's not like Mercedes and BMW where you can see a rainbow of colors.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts