Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My husband and I are considering a 2007 or 2008 Mazda 3....we would love to hear any positives and or negetavies about this car. No kids, just the two of us with our two black lab mixes. We travel a lot and would sometimes probably have another couple in the car with us... And does it really get Dearborn DPA5 that great gas milage? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts
My husband and I are considering a 2007 or 2008 Mazda 3....we would love to hear any positives and or negetavies about this car. No kids, just the two of us with our two black lab mixes. We travel a lot and would sometimes probably have another couple in the car with us... And does it really get that great gas milage? Thanks!
We had a 2009 (pretty much the same car as the 2007 and 2008) and it was pretty special for such a small an inexpensive car. The only real issue with the cars of that generation I hear about on a regular basis is the 2.3 liter motor of the "s" trim level; some sing along for hundreds of thousands of miles, some fail well shy of 100,000 miles (I have yet to hear a good explanation of why). These days the hot setup is to buy a later Gen 1 Mazda3 s and drop in a cheap, plentiful, powerful (relatively speaking), and economical Ford Duratech 2.5 liter motor (same basic motor as the 2.3).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts