Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an '06 MZ3 s 5-door and I'm thinnking of trading up to the new 2010 MZ3. I definitely will want the 5-door body style again because it's so versatile (like a small SUV). I also happen to think it's the best looking version of the MZ3! :)

Has anyone seen the layout of the rear cargo area? One of my favorite features on my current MZ3 is the plastic cargo tray underneath the rear half of the hatch floor. The rear part of the floor lifts up and locks into place diving the cargo area in half- the forward half is the carpeted area between the rear seat and the divide and the rear half is the the recessed plastic tray (which is divided vertically in the middle creating two compartments). I use it every time I go grocery shopping- the tray is great for things like bleach, laundry detergent, cases of soda (and beer!) and anything else that might leak on the regular cargo floor and/or carpeting.

I'm hoping the new 5-door still has this feature or something similar! Does anyone know?

· Registered
3,882 Posts
[quote author=terryt1 link=topic=142254.msg3065778#msg3065778 date=1239972630]
It does not have the nice cargo area of the prior version. It's a one piece cover that is somewhat flimsy and NOWHERE as nice. I was disappointed to discover this when i took delivery of my Black 2010.
[/quote]
You, sir or madam, need to go to this section of M3F and post pics of your new 3. :)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to this silly place.

· Registered
47 Posts
I too do not understand why they would have eliminated that feature. Even in the normal mode with the storage space covered, it was the most solid floor I've seen in a hatch. You could even pull the whole thing out and clean it with a hose. Now it has the carpeted fiberboard of a trunk. My dealer claimed it had to do with adding the subwoofer down there for the Bose 10 speaker system. They needed more room, and the plastic cargo tray would have rattled.
I plan to cover mine with the rubber cargo tray when I finally buy my next hatch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.