Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car in last weekend to get an inspection/emissions sticker and so that they could look at my transmission/motor mount bolt. Long story short I purchased the car in NJ but live in PA so I had to get the inspection and emissions done here after the purchase.

Here is a quick list of my issues. You tell me if you think I am justified in ratting the dealer’s service at the lowest possible level.

- Made an appointment for Friday morning. On the way to the dealer they called me to tell me I missed my appointment. I said no that my appointment was at 10AM and I was on my way over. They then told me they had me scheduled for Thursday so I missed the appointment the prior day. I know for a fact that I did not schedule anything for Thursday because I had several important meetings that day. They had nothing left until Saturday morning which was a hassle for me but I needed to get my inspection done so I had to wake up early on a Saturday to drive out of my way to get this done due to their error.

- After dropping my car at the service bay I talk to the service rep and take a seat in the waiting room. I watch a kid get in my car to drive it to the back of the shop and it takes him 5-6 tries to get the car over a small bump in the pavement. I seriously think that is not capable of correctly driving a manual car. I actually got up and was opening the door to yell at him when he finally goes up the bump. Who knows what he did to my clutch- probably burnt it up good.

- According to them the inspection and emissions was going to take 1 to 1.5 hours- I think a bit long especially on a brand new car... And to top that off the emissions test was not required because since the car was new I had an exemption.

- I get there and tell the service rep that I am there for inspection and emissions and that I simply need the emissions sticker because my car is exempt. He tells me he has to check with his mechanics on it and I re-iterate I had just talked to the state motor vehicle center and they told me I was exempt. I also tell him I hear a clunk every now and then and I request he has somebody look at my driver side front motor mount because I have read about a lot of issues with this bolt falling out.

- It takes 2 hours before they are done- Why 2 hours for a simple inspection on a brand new car???

- I get my bill and it says that my inspection was free and the emissions test was $54 I WAS EXEMPT. Then they tell me after that that the rep just put the wrong code in and that the inspection costs the same amount $54. That seems high to me.

- I am verbally told by the rep that they took a look at the bolt and that it was fine and in the proper torque setting range. I then look at the bill and find out it only says they took the car for a test drive and did not hear a clunk so that was it. There is nothing stating that the bolt was examined or checked in any way shape or form. So I have no proof of it being looked at by the rep basically lies to me and tells me it was looked at.

Look I am not here to cause problems but for all that crap to happen is insane. First off for it to take two hours for them to do an inspection and drive the car around the block one time is not right. I bet they simply put a sticker on the car and I bet you they ran the emissions test even thought I told them I was exempt. I just don't think anybody was listening to me or cared what I had to say. They also did not do the one important thing I asked them to do and that was to look at the bolt...

I am frustrated and I gave them an overall score of 1 on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being poor and 5 being good)

I fear ever being able to use this dealer again and I worry I will somehow be labeled as a bad person in the Mazda system. I don't know. I felt they deserved poor marks but feel maybe I was too harsh. Then again maybe not. What do you think?

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
you got to rate your dealership?
How? Was it the dealerships own thingy?

I wish i could rate my dealership so I can give the manager a 1 every time I step foot in there.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I say vote for sticking to your original grade. Speak with the highest person available, but remain level headed as to not be "one of those people". You probably will not get anywhere with the kid driving the car or the time it took (you may have been bumped for another vehicle that was bringing in more money). However, the appointment time hiccup, the price (should have been quoted BEFORE work began) of the inspection and the lack of details of the work completed are all legitimate complaints.

I say bitch and complain. But thats me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I think it was the dealerships own rattign system. Maybe Mazda headquarters has something to do with it I am really not sure.

I am stickign with it. I just hope it helps them and does not hurt me. I know I ask for a lot and it woudl be hard for a dealer to totally satisfy me in every respect. But 2 hours for a inspection is too much.

I jsut don't like being lied to. and if they did actually look at something then I want it to show up on my statment of work that was carried out.

Another item to throw in- I never verbaly gave them the OK to take my car out for a test drive to see if they coudl hear anyhitng wrong with it. If the car needs to be driven I should be the one driving while a tech or mechanic rides along.

YOu guys are right I did all the work and things should have been eaiser.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't think that it will come back against you in a negative way.

To touch upon the drivers test though. Usually, it is implied that it is OK with you to allow a mechanic to drive the vehicle to better service the vehicle. The dealer failed in this case because said mechanic, or a service tech rep, should have told you about the findings ( or lack thereof) and offered for you to drive the vehicle and point out the noise.

If this really is an issue with you I would strongly suggest a formal complaint in writing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts