Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
if this is the blue light that shines down where the gearshift is.. i have it..and love it

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yes, you get it.

There is also a red one in the ashtray - it's attached to the ashtray unit, so if you remove the ashtray, it's a bright white light (easily fixed though).

EDIT: Both lights are sweet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can't seem to notice it?? How come I missed it? I do have the sports package...

·
Registered
744 Posts
It is somewhat dim if you drive in the city where street lights can light up the inside of the car. I think it is also hard to see sometimes because of the bright console lights.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have it in my 3 Sport GT up in Canada, it's a nice effect and ties in with the Electroluminescent lighting.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ahh, the wonders of Babel Fish on japanese sites :)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The best way to tell (short of sticking your head down there) is to tur on your headlights, and place your hand/finger just under the groove (right about the ashtray slot).

If you can see blue, then you got it. I should say that I have a US 5-Door model (S).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wait, A little blue light under the console is an S only option? That sounds a bit crazy.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
EnFuego138 said:
Wait, A little blue light under the console is an S only option? That sounds a bit crazy.
''

I think it makes sense since only the "S" models have the electroluminescent gauges with the blue rings in them, and the blue "spotlight" continues the theme on the console. It would look a little more out of place on an "i" sedan since there is no other blue lighting in that model.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Right, I forgot the gauges were different in the i too. I've never really looked at the interior of one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts