Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to get the brakes inspected cause it was making a grinding type of noise whenever I came to a stop, and this is what the shop said about my brakes. They recommended getting new front rotors because it's possible that when I got my front and rear pads replaced in Dec 2019, the pads and rotors weren't machined and the noise can be coming from an imbalance with the pads and rotors.

TLDR: Based off of this and the brake measurements, are the pads and rotors really needed? And do both the rear and front need to get replaced, or only the front? Thank you in advance!

Front brake measurements
Right front brake pad: 9mm
Left front brake pad: 9mmmm
Right front brake rotor: .919
Left front brake rotor: .910
Brake rotor discard: .910

Rear brake measurements
Right rear pads: 8mm
Left rear pads: 8mm
Right rear brake rotor: .410
Left rear brake rotor: .399
Brake rotor/drum discard: .354

·
Registered
66 Posts
May be just in need of pads. A shop tried to do the same to me before. Rotors and all were just fine, but I needed my pads changed and rotors turned

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It's impossible to say for sure without looking at the parts and driving the car myself BUT if the measurements are correct then the LF rotor as at the discard thickness and the RF rotor is very close to it, meaning they can't be turned anymore and need to be replaced. Pad thickness looks good all around though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts