Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First try, ordered a set of Nexo wheels that showed guranteed in stock online. The day after sealing the deal i recieved a call informing me they infact did not have the wheel in any color and would not get a new shipment till April. The salesman offered me a deal on a set of Exel wheels "similar" to the Nexo wheels that i personally think looked like crap.
Round two, ordered a set of Exel wheels (not the ones i didnt like) wrapped in Nexxen tires, mounted and balanced. What i got was 4 wheels with balancing weights loose in the box stuck to eachother. 3 flawless wheels and one with bluntly obvious curb damage like marks on the lip and obvious damage to the face of the black wheel.
After some phone calls and pictures i got them to take the wheel back. I was told it would be a 2 week turn around. I called yesterday 2.5 weeks after mailing the damaged wheel back. No one answered my call so i left a messege looking for the status. What i recieved was an e-mail from fedex saying on 03/03/09 (yesterday) wheelmax had scheduled a pickup. (THEY HADNT EVEN MAILED ME A NEW WHEEL UNTIL I CALLED AND REMINDED THEM) I have yet to get a call back from my messege asking for status to square things away. They offered to pay to have my wheels rebalanced after some complaing about that two.

Summary:
3 wheels unbalances
1 wheel that will be trashed when they recieve it back
A month and a half after first ordering the set i still have nothing i can mount on my car.

Wheelmax is a joke, to the point that cant even call me back like a descent business and tell me they messed up.

·
Registered
871 Posts
wow cant believe u got a curbed wheel (thats supposed to be new?)
hope u get them mounted up soon. post some pics!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Strange...

I ordered wheels from the with my last 3. No problems, no issues, customer service was wonderful when I curbed my wheel. Got it replaced and everything. Took them 3 days to get it too me (it curbed so bad it couldn't be repaired, tore an actual part of the wheel) needless to say thats what happens when you are screwing around...... Learned a lesson....

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate. :/

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
^^^I second that. I've ordered 3 different sets of wheels from them over the last 6 years and never had any problems each time. They seemed to have great customer service and shipped in about 3-4 days each time. I am very particular about the balance part: New wheels should balance perfectly in my book. And, the shops always told me it was right on. Maybe they slipped or had a employee in training give you already returned wheels or something. Anyhow, sorry about your troubles. Better luck next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts