Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from the bodyshop last night and I noticed when driving to work, the gas needle is going down quite quickly. I filled her up a little before I went to the bodyshop, but I'm not sure if the bodyshop guy reset my trip gauge. I'm going to try filling her up again to see if it goes down the same way. I also have a severe vibration when I accelerate. I believe my engine mount is shot but I want to make sure I don't have anything wrong with any fuel leaks or anything. I have a 2005 Mazda3i for reference. Here's a picture of the milage and gas tache:

· Registered
9,467 Posts
Let the car sit for a little while (maybe over night), pop the hood and stick your nose under the car as well and see if you can smell gas. If you can't the likelihood of a gas leak is fairly low. Even once gas evaporates it leaves a fairly strong gas smell behind, especially if it is a fair quantity of gas (which is likely, since you are looking at having lost 1-2 gallons of gas through a leak). Also try idling the car and poking around to see if you see any gas lines leaking or smell raw gas.
-Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.