Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mazda 3 2.3L Sedan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am browsing for a new clutch to buy for my Mazda3 and I am not sure what type of flywheel I need for it. The question I had was, do I have a dual-mass flywheel? I have a 2007 Mazda3 2.3L Sedan but I am not sure what type of flywheel I have. My car is stock so I was wondering what comes stock in those cars. I want to get a standard flywheel and to get another question out of the way if you have a dual-mass flywheel does it matter if you get a standard flywheel. Are there any extra steps that need to be taken to switch from a dual-mass to a standard?

Overall, I want a standard flywheel when I buy a clutch but I don't know if I need to take any extra steps if I have a dual-mass clutch(I'm not sure if I have one though).

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
No, your car came with a solid flywheel; as I understand it, the LuK model LFW273 single mass flywheel was the OEM unit in your car. That said, in this time of "The Covid", my understanding is this part is very difficult to come by. The good news is single mass flywheels are typically good for one resurfacing before they need to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts