Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
steering wheel mounted audio controls? I checked the specs, and don't see any mention of it, though the higher trim levels do have cruise buttons. Anyone know?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's why I asked, cause in some pics it looks as though it has the feature, yet there is no mention of it for North America. It would be a very nice feature to have.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
ALL pics we have seen are of Euro-spec cars, some of which had NA powertrains, that I am 100% sure of.

Some 3s beign shown at auto shows are pre-production models also...

So I guess that the answer is no. I agree w/you that would be a nice feature, especially for those of us that play w/the stereo often. Not me, oh no! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's awesome, but where did you confirm? I checked and re-checked the canadian site, with no luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely not illuminated but, I wonder: what's the point??? You are supposed to use them because you are looking at the road while driving ... not at your steering weel :lol:
They have some tread if this can help somehow ...

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
mcastagnaa said:
Definitely not illuminated but, I wonder: what's the point??? You are supposed to use them because you are looking at the road while driving ... not at your steering weel :lol:
They have some tread if this can help somehow ...
Hmm.... so you can see them from the corner of your eyes maybe? You know.... when it's dark at night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely not illuminated
I'm so sorry. THEY ARE ILLUMINATED! ... I noticed it tonight while driving home.
I have to add two things then:
1. I'm an a_____e for posting incorrect infos;
2. Maybe it's not that important if you don't notice it for more than a week after you had the car ... :wink:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
They don't look like they need to be illuminated, regardless. Think of it like a video game controller. When you play the game, the keys are intuitive enough on the gamepad that you don't have to constantly look at it. The buttons on the wheel look like they're thumb-operated and intuitive enough to use without looking at them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sorry but I think to have them illuminated is a good idea. They are lit up in my M6 and I am thankful that they are. Though they are intended to help keep your eyes on the road I'm sure most people still take a quick glance, and at night this makes that possible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts