Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does those aftermarket halogen bulbs burn out easily?

Even brands like PIAA and Razo, cause my frds bulb burned out in like 2 months.

Even the guy who sells it saids they burn out easily cause most ppl install them not properly.

Thx

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
The trick is to NOT put your fingers on the bulbs. If you do during the install they will not last long. Most bulbs that burn prematurely are caused by this.

·
Registered
481 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Still, they aren't meant to last longer than like a year.
yup, they are the lowest grade bulb the company could get from their bulb suppliers and the bulbs are typically overclocked so that they are slightly brighter to make up for the loss of light output once the blue tint is put on the bulb... all that equals short life span

read! lots of good info on this site...
http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/bulbs/bulbs.html

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I've been through 2 pairs of PIAAs for my Tribute. I've had to replace two bulbs due to lamp condensation (they burst easily compared to normal halogen bulbs). I've been using my Xtremes for about 9 months now.

I also think the light spectrum shifts slightly over time. The lights just don't look as white as they used to.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Most companies skimp on quality of materials and you will find more often than not 'sueprwhites' filaments will blow out well within 12 months of use.

We use w2 filaments and build the internals stronger to handle vibrations thus prolonging life. We back this up by a 1 year warranty on the xenonmatch line because we are confident our bulbs will not only perform well but last. Replacing bulbs is nothing you want to do on a regular basis.

We are happy to now be a sponsor of Mazda3forums and answer any lighting question you may have. Please consider our products when shipping for lighting products.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
man... it's a little pricey for the H11 bulbs tho. shipping to Canada will cost me another 20 bucks in brokeage fee... which will make the bulb around 100+ dollars canadian. =\

·
Registered
77 Posts
When we ship to Canada we ship express, and the value is declared much cheaper to save on customs fees.

We can send it snail mail for much less, e-mail me and we can figure it out no problems.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
For those of us with stock non-xenon lighting systems, H7 lowbeams and H11 foglights. Can we just get your xenonmatching bulbs and plug them into our sockets? I'd like to get as bright as possible without going and buying aftermarket ballasts and xenon bulbs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes you can run the H7 xenonmatch plus along with the H11. This is the same package we have for the new Audi A4 so if you order the B6 package from the main page (lower right link) you can take advanatage of the discounted price.

Now if you want the brightest possible then I would suggest buying the Philipps Ralleye bulb. The lifetime is low (100 hrs or less) but they are bright due to 100w or more. You would need a harness upgrade to run them.

Our xenonmatch plus H7 will give you a huge improvement in looks with the white light output but only a 5% gain in lumens - brighter but not much brighter.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
How does your bulb compare to phillips Vision Plus that seem to use less tinted blue glass so you get less "loss" of lumens?

·
Registered
77 Posts
We offer similar bulbs that use DBC 1 glass. They are powerful however they do not produce the desirable 'white' light color that 99% of our customers are looking for. On our site we have the H11 'E' pictured. In the states this is popular with the GX 470 Lexus who do not offer HID even as an option and require the H11 for main beam.

In addition H11 in 'E' which is stamped for Europe and also the H7 and 9006.

On a projector system its very efficient, we have many people using our 55w bulbs in their main beams but we recommend the 80w.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I might go and get the B6 package for the Audi. H7 are my low beams and H11 are my fogs. Both run at 55W.

My High beams run at 60W and are HB3(9005). What's the best bulb/package to get without playing with stock voltage? Will it improve my lumens?

You talk about getting the 80W for the main beams. Won't that cause a problem because the stock voltage is 55W? Should I do the same with the High beams or I can't because of them being in a plastic housing?

I'd like a complete package that doesn't just improve looks both also my lumens. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you go with a 55w all the way around you wont see an increase in lumens. Wattage for wattage filtered bulbs designed to produce white (by filtering yellow via blue glass) will reduce lumens a small %. Granted, you might not notice it but its a fact.

I would recommend 55w H11, 80w H7 and 80w 9005. With all three I would highly recommend a harness upgrade to handle the added power requirements. This will prolong bulb life and gurantee steady energy to the bulbs bypassing any weaker factory wiring and connectors. The harness is only used for the main and high beams, the fog lights are fine.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
tell me how you can ship to canada for cheaper so that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg when it actually gets here. I wouldn't want to pay 50 bucks for the bubls, then 20 bucks shipping fee, plus another 30 dollar brokeage fee =\

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Will I see a big difference in lost lumens? I have someone that changed to blue bulbs and even though his lights are white he lost a lot of lumens....It was noticeable. I don't want to trash your product. In fact I'm very interested. I'm just real cautious now from what I've seen with others that tried blue bulbs.

And if I go with the harness, how easy is this to install? Do you sell the harness?

Sorry for all the questions. Your answers are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Fobby_Monkey said:
tell me how you can ship to canada for cheaper so that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg when it actually gets here. I wouldn't want to pay 50 bucks for the bubls, then 20 bucks shipping fee, plus another 30 dollar brokeage fee =\
A package sent with the mention Gift or Commercial sample would remove all custom fees.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts