·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchase Date: December 20, 2003
Production Date: October 23, 2003

So far I've been in to service for the following:
- Battery (load test failure)
- Fuel Pump (ignition failure, they stole tank from another mz3 because of availability)
- Passenger Door Rattle (3x, eventually I figured it out on my own)
- P0546 Evap System Leak, Gas Full Cap Replaced per TSB 01/036/04
- P0455 Evap System Leak, Replaced Evap Purge Solenoid Valve
- P2187 Bank 1 Running Too Lean
- Rear Brake Caliper Supports and Pads Resurfaced per TSB 04/003/04
- Front Brake Caliper Supports and Pads Resurfaced per TSB ....
- Rear Brake Pads replaced due to unusual wear (March 2005)
- I think there's more, I just haven't posted yet - having rough idle since P0455 and P0456 occurred March 2005.

I also got really screwed on my financing, and if you want, you can read about that experience here: (hint - the password is mazda3)
http://www.getcreative.net/mazda3/MazdaComplaint.pdf

I have a meeting tonight with him... :cool: Nothing useful ever came of this meeting. :?

Mods thus far:
- 3.5" Stubby Antenna (stolen by and replaced with P5 antenna - never changed since)
- Window Tint (twice, soon to be third since they can't get it right)
- Infinity Front and Rear speakers replaced stock
- Bazooka tube carrying a high-end 6" Kicker sub
- PhoenixGold 4400 Amp (Stereo for front/rear, Bridge Mono for sub)
- Premium Floor Mats (blue)
- Color Matched Shifter Knob
- Hoen Mazda3 lighting package (Ti and XenonMatch)
- Sylvania Superstar front signals

Other mods to occur way in the future when I win the lottery:
- MP3 (replace 6-disc) and/or MD module
- DVD-NAV Unit Installed
- Summer/"Grippy" tires
- Maybe that MOMO tip

Additional pictures to come soon. Scroll down or search other threads for more pictures.

And for those who I've not seen yet - HELLO!! :huh:

At the time of this posting, I'd just become Regional Coord of the Southwest Region. Hopefully we can get some more meets, events, and just flat out coolness going on! PM me if there's something special on your mind.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Late to the party, but the DJ is finally here!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
when you change your front turns care to post a diy or pm me on how to do it haha i really want to change my front turns

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
funky - I'm still trying to figure that out right now. I figured I'd do all of them at once, because my phat hand doesn't fit in there. I'm thinking of pliers to reach in there and turn, but even that might not work. But I may return to the dealer first for my fuel pump, before the Hoen kit arrives. If that's the case, I'll ask them the best way to get in there.

n1smo - I'll let you know. I have to review what we discussed last night. I got what I really could only expect and/or hope for. For legal (or ethical) reasons, I may need to pull that letter and limit my response to certain things.

They were very night tonight, and I did get some money back - but not much. I'll elaborate more later.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meeting results coming soon. I figured I'd update the service issues taken careof today in one post. You'll find out more later today (or tomorrow afternoon).

:)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pictures!! Yeah!!

The sound system has now changed to Infinity, only because after much debate, I decided that the power handling and overall sound was a better price. Still will have a PG Amplifier, and currently an unknow choice for sub.

However... Here are some of the much anticipated pics!

Here I am trying to get all funky in the sun with my pics...

Nice side shot, shows my window tint - which still have issues:

Front the Front:

From the Behind:

More will eventually come up on my new website, but for now they are here too....

I also have a new mod to show everyone, but I've not taken a pic of it yet, and it wasn't on the car in these shots.

I'm off to Orange County this weekend, maybe I'll see some of you there (Rev It Up)! Just watch for the name Jason Spencer to roll across the board......

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you belong to a credit union DJ Spencer? I arranged financing through mine and they gave me a great APR and a lot of nice options like a really nice extended warranty etc. There's a website called www.carbuyingtips.com that outlines that scam you described in your PDF. You may want to read more about it there (although you seem to be handling it just fine- I must commend you on a nicely written letter).

Let us know how it turns out. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I went through my Credit Union, and they actually screwed me at 12.9% - then an hour later even said it was declined (I know it was 12.9 because my mother works there).

I'm just waiting the typical 6 months to re-finance it, then pay extra on the premium.

I think the main reason was that everyone looked at my loan on the Protege, and didn't realize that there was a $14000 payoff on it in the transaction of the new car. So instead of $22k, it looked more like $36k in fixed auto loans.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I knew it would come back to haunt me, but I now have (technically) the fourth fuel pump on my car. It was built with a bad one, the original TSB was missing a part so they had to take that off and replace with one from a car off the lot.

Now, just a whopping 20 months later, and at my 30K Mile service interval, I've had to have it replaced again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts