Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone make a DIY cold air intake on a 2.3L? I recently bought a 2009 hatchback, and haven't even studied the intake to see how possible or easy it would be to make one, didn't find anything with a search, so I was wondering if anyone has done this, or even looked into it.

I am not going to buy a CAI. But I might spend a literal few bucks to make one. Back when I owned a Miata, I made one for less than $20, and definitely noticed a small improvement in power, especially in summer, when the outside air was already hot. In that case, I noticed a slight fade in power. On mine, I was getting cooler air from the cowl intake (in front of the windshield).

From what I recall seeing, it might not be feasible at all, with the weird battery cover and strange stuff in that area that initially appears to be some kind of intake plumbing.

·
Super Moderator
1,213 Posts
Your car came from the factory with a CAI, why screw with a proven solution?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your car came from the factory with a CAI, why screw with a proven solution?
Well, now that I know it has a factory CAI, I wouldn't have any reason to screw with it. My search for info found several commercial CAI's available, so I figured it didn't already have one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts