Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
So you're telling me that you're using racing techniques during your regular driving, in the snow no less? Also, the first video literally says that you only need to stop sooner instead of disabling abs for "good braking in the snow." Why not just upgrade to a big brake kit if you're such a skilled racing driver concerned about braking?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes. Not to mention proper breaking is something all people should be doing. You shouldnt just put your foot on the break and hope for the best. Who on earth does that??? You need to read the road and make split second decisions when necessary. If you can't then you shouldn't drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Why would I get a big break kit when the breaks I have now work perfectly fine with the speeds I drive. I don't think you understand how performance parts or mechanics of a car work at all.

·
Registered
230 Posts
as you are such a skilled driver, i would think you would be able to stop/steer without disabling the abs
i feel safer knowing such skilled drivers as you are sharing the roads

·
Registered
125 Posts
When not one reply has remotely agreed with your idea but you think you won the argument? Moving on from this garbage thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
All rally cars do not use abs in snow. Specifically because the car performs better without ABS. Why are you being so difficult. And why did you even comment even though you didn't have important information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All rally cars do not use abs in snow. Specifically because the car performs better without ABS. Why are you being so difficult. And why did you even comment even though you didn't have important information.
I'd recommend looking for threads about rallyx, I know the guys at the local rallyx have all found a way to disable abs while on the dirt as locking your tires actually allows you to stop faster on the dirt (digs in, creates a dam of dirt in front of the tires), as well as abs being a pain to deal with when left foot braking.

·
Registered
150 Posts
this person seems like a troll from another forum just trying to sound dumb. he/she has only posted in this thread and has not engaged with members of this forum in any other way.

the ABS works by detecting wheel lock up, and if you are so confident at controlling your "breaking," then you won't kick in ABS.

you also don't need to post the same video over and over. team o'neil is advocating this practice because they are a rally driving school. i personally don't see any fault disabling ABS for race purposes. and they also caveat that you get more control with ABS, just not shorter stopping distances, which was never the selling point of ABS anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unless someone has taken classes and advance classes in driving not using the ABS is fundamentally a bad idea.

Pull the ABS fuse now ABS dash light on you may even get a DTC warning code and no mechanical ABS function. I pull mine when I TRACK RACE ONLY!!!!!!!!
I highly recommend to go learn to drive your vehicle all over again without ABS support before getting into actual real life driving conditions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I would just pull the fuse. The only concern I have is that in some models pulling a fuse will cause the rear breaks to not function properly and I don't want to diminish breaking power at all. So I was just wondering if pulling the fuse would affect other systems since that normally happens if the abs sensor is connected to the speed sensor and other controls. I just want complete control when breaking. Again this is mostly for winter driving. I don't drive fast enough in the summer to lock up the wheels so I don't have an issue with it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts